Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:03 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Creative Spring Booking/Theme Ideas

I have a couple......anyone else have ideas brewing for upcoming booking ideas or party themes?

April 2010 is a rare month with a Fifth Friday! Since these hardly ever occur, no one has standing plans for the "fifth Friday!!" Also its easy to remember and just enough reason to celebrate! Book a "Fifth Friday" party!

The Saturday before Mother's Day or the weekend before Mother's Day is a perfect time for a "Mother-Daughter" event, such as a tea or other type of theme party. I plan to schedule one for May 1. Not sure what games to plan, any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Awesome WAHM

I was considering a Cinco de Mayo Party theme for my end of April first of May dates....Featuring all those spicy and tropical scents.

And also a Mint Julep Party / Derby in honor of the Ky. Derby (I'm not too far away) - everyone could wear their Derby Hats and a prize would be given....I was going to suggest this for the Month of May for my Hosts.....Or bring a Derby Horse - Made out of anything (popsicle Sticks) Most creative Horse Name and or Horse wins

I also thought about suggesting Patio Parties, as the weather warms up and burn the Citronella candles

One of my team mates also had a Mother Daughter Tea planned at the end of the Month
Old 04-12-2010, 07:02 AM
Super WAHM

Oh, I like the Patio Party idea!!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:16 PM
WAHM Addict

im having a party to coinside with candles that have drink related names: Sangria, Sex on the Beach, Peach and Papaya....ect. My girlfriend is blending up regular and virgin drinks.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:51 PM
WAHM Fanatic

We got the drinks, you bring the candles! ;-)
Old 04-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastefullyMI View Post
We got the drinks, you bring the candles! ;-)
I like the idea!!! I'm trying this one for sure.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:21 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Yea, why not right? Call it a "Summer Entertaining" party and showcase light food ideas and candles for outdoor entertaining and summer scents.

Pair up with a local TS'er and make it happen!

BTW - if any candle consultant wants a recommendation on an active TS'er who might be willing to pair up with you on this, feel free to PM me. I've been in the biz for 11 years and know many active reps from all over the US. I'd be happy to put you in touch with someone. :-)
Old 04-13-2010, 06:14 AM
WAHM Addict

Melanie....your siggy is really big.Kind of overshadows what you are saying.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Awesome WAHM

Funny to see this thread...On my way home I was thinking how I could make my parties fun without, you know, making it cheezy. Well, I was listening to the radio statiion, (mainly men announcers, mind you) and they were playing family feud. And they all were getting so passionate and hysterical about it. The "surveys" were goofy too... Well, then it occured to me, I could play Family Feud at the parties and have the guests split into teams and then of course have the surveys related to the candle industry or my company, maybe. Or even anything fun, what do you think? Thanks for the heads up about the 5th friday!
Old 04-22-2010, 05:20 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm planning on playing "Name that scent" and "Candle Bingo". I just found a new game called Penny game. I may try this but I'm not sure yet.