Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-17-2016, 03:11 PM
Registered WAHM

Question Is it really possible to earn a full time income from working from home?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum here. Just really want to talk to people who are also working from home.

It's been almost a year since I started trying to find ways to work from home. But I've still not find a good way to do it.

Affiliate marketing was quite popular, lots of people were doing it. So I invested in training about it as well. But later I find out that a big part of it is to grow your email list. Only when your email list is big enough, and those people on your list are true buyers, then you can make a good income. But it's so expensive to get leads. Like solo ads, or Facebook ads, you have to pay a lot to add more leads to your list. Than you can't guarantee if those people would buy from you or not.

So I didn't want to do affiliate marketing anymore. It just require too much investment and no guaranteed income.

I wish I found out about what's all involved before I invested in the training.

And then someone introduced me to a website called Empowr. where you can earn money by posting, blogging, or selling. That was quite easy to do. Only that they require you to pay what they call the ad platform fees. And that fee just grows bigger and bigger as time passes. I'm still with them but I'm beginning to doubt if I can really profit in the end...

I also tried a site called Steemit. Where you can be paid to blog. You don't need any investment for this one. But you have to be a good writer to come up with original contents, and it's never guaranteed that people will upvote your blog or not. So it sure is not a way to earn any type of stable income.

I'm feeling a bit discouraged now because I've tried for a whole year, still didn't figure out a good way to earn a stable income by working from home.

Can you let me know what other options are there to work from home? Anything that really worked for you? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2016, 03:48 PM
Grand WAHM

You should check out the Telecommuting section on the forum. There are a lot of positions listed in that section and many are customer service related. Freelancing may be worth looking into as well. Sites like Upwork help connect freelancers with opportunities.

A lot of us on the forum make money from multiple sources too.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:31 AM
Registered WAHM

Don't get discouraged, you just need to find your niche! Find a company that sells something that you believe in and use yourself. And by company I mean a company that uses network marketing as their way of advertising. No one goes into these things and automatically starts making 7 figures a year. But there are plenty of men and women who live comfortably off of being promoters and products of the products they sell. Most just use attraction marketing and social media to promote. Keep you eye on the goal and dont let anyone tell you that they can help you make "quick money" . Anything worth having is gonna need some muscle work from the beginning. I hope this helps!!
Old 11-18-2016, 10:51 AM
Super WAHM

It sounds like you are on the right track...

You are trying things, and failing, and you're learning from those failures/struggles. This is a period we all go through. Keep going, keep learning and growing, and eventually you'll have a breakthrough.

My advice and recommendation...if you're going to blog and create content, do it on your own website that you own... Don't blog on Empower's platform or some other platform.

Also, have you considered network marketing? Pick a company that has a product that you will use, love, and feel great recommending to others, and then get to work.

Empower in network marketing, but I don't think it falls under the category of "I would use this if I was not a distributor" for the company. So in other words, picks a different company with an actual product line.

Network marketing isn't easy, and it will take some time to get the ball rolling, but it's definitely worth it for anyone that will take it serious and it willing to put in the effort.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:09 PM
Registered WAHM

Hello!

We will gladly welcome the opportunity to better educate others and help you to better understand what empowr is all about.

Yes, when you first join, empowr extends Ad Credits to you, with no questions asked, to get your earnings going. This is what brings eyeballs to your content. These Ad Credits are what allow you to begin earning on the empowr platform. These are completely optional--you can always choose to turn off your earnings, change your settings to pay your fees when you are ready to cash out. You can even minimize the Ad Credits you are using.

The empowr platform is a business. And this business is to help others create businesses (or long-term assets) for themselves. Should you choose to utilize the ad credits to earn, you are 100% responsible for maximizing your daily earnings. We make it extremely clear for users to ensure that they are earning every single day. While you can’t cash out overnight of course, if you’re hitting your daily goals as often as possible (and your account settings are set up correctly in alignment with your preferences and goals), you WILL earn and cash out.

With all of that being said, you want to ensure that you're earning everyday by hitting your goals, being productive in the marketplace, selling products and services, etc. so that you are earning. You should not be solely focused on Ad Credits.

We are also here to help you every step of the way, so please feel free to reach out to us if you have questions/feedback.

Thanks,

empowr support team
Old 11-19-2016, 09:25 AM
Awesome WAHM

I advise that you change the way you're looking at the whole "working from home" process.

Looks like you've approached some methods involved (affiliate marketing, posting comments/blogging) - ways to work from home, and marketing product, but I think there's more to finding success than that.

As Jim Rohn's mentor told him, "That's one way to look at it."

But what you want to do is build a successful business, and to do that you first need to learn how to start & grow a business.

Get that knowledge, and the methods are the tools you'll use to fuel the growth.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:23 AM
WAHM Fanatic

It is possible.

Home business:
You will have to invest some money for most home businesses. If you want to make money, then you will have spend some but there are lots of free ways to get your name out there.

This is what I do to get business:

Free ways to Market/Advertise your business
I use my facebook business pages, forums, Craigslist, backpage, pinterest, twitter, LinkedIn to promote my business. I work at a gym for a couple of hours a day so I get clients who are interested. I also occasionally mention my business on my personal FB page. I get a lot of sales from doing this but it's just a once in while thing. I don't do it often because it drives me nuts when some of my friends post non stop ads. I stopped following their posts. I also leave flyers on bulletin boards but only if I am at a place that allows it. I don't go out of my way since I don't have time to drive everywhere.

Paid ways to Market/Advertise
I pay for my blog. I have a free one (I don't advise using free blogs because it doesn't really belong to you so it can be deleted at any time) but I use it an extra way to get the word out. If it gets deleted, that's okay because I haven't invested that much time in it (and I backed up my posts). The blog that I pay for is the one I am working hard at promoting to get more traffic. It's the one I spend most of my time so I can't afford to lose that one!

Job:
If you don't want a business (where you will have to invest some money), then what you are looking for is a job. You should never pay to work (job). NEVER. I have heard of some places asking you to pay for a background check but that's about it. If they want you to pay to work for them, run the other way!!!

Lots of ladies on this forum have had success with their home businesses and jobs. Spend some time and think about what you want to do. List all your skills and what you enjoy doing. Look through the forum for telecommuting jobs and home business ideas. Check out signature lines. There's also a job listing page on this site. I think they post daily jobs.

BTW, I know how you feel. I was on this site for YEARS and tried so many jobs and business (realtor, makeup sales, etc) but it never worked out. Why? Because that wasn't my passion. Then a few years ago, I found something that worked for me. Focus on your passion and go from there. Good Luck! You'll find something

Last edited by Dugsmom; 12-03-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:05 PM
Super WAHM

Many times when people are blogging it's about something that they know something about or like. When blogging you have to find the right niche. Once you do that it becomes a lot easier. Also, when you start making money online you do have to spend some. So, it's a great idea to have some spending change to help with your business. I use a website builder for my blog. It is free but I plan on upgrading. I like it because I can start free and later upgrade. This way if money is a problem for you, you can still get started.

If you are looking for businesses to join I would recommend you look at Google plus communities and facebook groups because they are always advertising different businesses. You might find something that you are interested in.

Whatever you choose you it will still take time. There is no overnight success.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:17 PM
WAHM Regular

I think if you love what you do, whether it's blogging, selling, networking, whatever, you'll be successful. You have to own it - however that may be for your particular love. It does take time, talent, and treasure to bring your A Game. But once you have it, it isn't hard, it's fun! Good luck because many people give up before finding out what they were really truly placed on Earth to do.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:06 AM
Super WAHM

Default Do what you love

I too have tried many things over the years. You don't mention in your post what you actually enjoy doing. Do you really love to write or were you doing it just to get paid? Do you have any hobbies or interests that you would like to turn into a money making opportunity?

For instance do you love animals? Are you interested in health and nutrition? Do you like to work with people? Do you just want a "job" or do you want to own your own business?

What would you be doing if you did not need the money?

If you just want the equivalent of a paycheck and not have to worry about the issues involved in building a business I would try the telecommuting forum here and also try a site called PennyHoarder. I once worked for a company paying $13.75 an hour monitoring facebook sites for advertisers. I found that gig there. It was ok and they paid on time but it was boring as heck after a while. Remember that telecommuting can be isolating and repetitive.

If you want to own your own business, I would recommend, as did others here, network marketing.

There are many good solid companies with great products and generous compensation. It takes time to build those businesses but the sky is the limit. If you get a good sponsor, they can help you with marketing and teach you how to work your business. Below is what I would look for in choosing a company. Number one is very important because actual customers who use the product will keep your business stable and growing.

1. A great product at a competitive price.
2. A company that is product driven.
3. A compensation plan that is generous from entry through mega success
4. A management team with integrity.

I wish you luck and if you have any questions or just want to chat about what to do feel free to post or PM me. Best of luck to you.

Tags
full time income, packaging boxes, work from home