Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:00 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Blue host or godaddy??

I'm setting up a blog on wordpress.org and will be doing some affiliate marketing. Which is better for this sort of thing? Blue host or godaddy?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2016, 03:50 PM
Super WAHM

Squidix....but I'm partial.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:52 AM
WAHM Regular

I was just looking into this - several of my wordpress sites have been hacked a few times now. I had to move the main one over to a wordpress platform. The others are on cpanel. It cost more for the wordpress platform. I wonder if go daddy gets hacked more since it is one of the larger players.
My advice is to make a list of what is important to you and then find how how much each provider charges. How much support you get from each provider and what all is included.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:20 PM
WAHM Regular

I like Namecheap Price and service has been excellent. I also use Godaddy it is expensive and easy to use. It is not a easy choice but make sure you go for a managed wordpress account. Supposedly few sites on same server. The real cheap players are constantly hacked.... Also put the plugin Wordfence on your site it is free for the basic version.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Bluehost

I had a blog for 5 years hosted with Bluehost and never had issues and the customer services was good.

The only reason I stopped using them was because I shut the site down.

I would suggest them.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:43 PM
WAHM Regular

If you are looking for the best overall deal on web hosting and are limited to just GoDaddy and Bluehost, then GoDaddy is better at the cheaper end and Bluehost is better at the Pro tier.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:20 AM
Awesome WAHM

I've found GoDaddy to be best for domains, whereas for web hosting I've chosen to go with Blue Host. When looking at hosting, I basically wanted a reliable hosting provider with good customer support. The decision to go with Blue Host was based on a lot of reviews I read. Since being with them, I've had to contact customer support for a couple of issues involving my WordPress sites and I've found them to be extremely supportive. I went with the 36-month hosting plan so it worked out pretty cheap for me.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:08 PM
WAHM Regular

I use GoDaddy only for my domain name registration. I use HostGator to actually host my websites. I've always heard that it's better to have your domain name and your host be from different providers. This may not matter any more, but that was the story about 10 years ago, and so I've always kept them separate since then. I use Wordpress mainly on my HostGator but I know there are other platforms available for you to use with them. Hope this helps!
Old 04-12-2016, 04:27 PM
WAHM Regular

In my experience, GoDaddy has been a pain as far as customer service goes. As long as you know what you are doing, go with them. If you are new to this I would use someone else.
Old 04-24-2016, 04:17 PM
WAHM Regular

I've been with GoDaddy since they first started way back. I have always had excellent customer service with them and had very few problems over the years with my production sites. I tried BlueHost for a while and found that they were a little bit more picky on what I could do with my sites - I like to test traffic theories and such out on a regular basis, and whenever I got some traffic spikes or used up too much Bandwidth, I'd get throttled back. Guess that would only be a problem if your site is moving lots of traffic around on a shared hosting account.

They are both reputable companies, but my choice has always been GoDaddy. Good luck!