Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Mom with Mission

Default Source codes

Do you use Source codes to track where your visits come from? I do with all my links and then I can go into my back office and see where people are visiting from. You can get really detailed even down to dayparts as long as you keep a menu somewhere or short form to keep you organized.
Source codes are invaluable. So far the majority of my visits have been from Facebook and Pinterest. I'm on facebook most of the evening and i like getting "real-time" notifications so i can connect right away with the person.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Super WAHM

Currently, I get most of my blog traffic from Facebook. Second site of consistent traffic is Twitter...followed closely by G+. I started a Pinterest for my freelance writing business. We'll see how that goes. I know about Pinterest marketing, but it's a time issue for me.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Registered WAHM

I keep hearing people talk about how Instagram is so great for their business. I don't really understand how but it's worth a try I suppose! I know a lot of younger people send more time on Instagram than Facebook now.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:39 PM
Super WAHM

I use Facebook just as a social way to keep up with people. How do you use it for business purposes with Fan Pages, etc. Can you set up a store there?
Old 06-22-2014, 10:05 AM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up

I use all of them, but for me facebook has brought me more business because I can get more personal with friends who are interested in me as opposed to just what I sell. I'm sure if I had 200K followers like John Chow that twitter would be very beneficial, but I don't. I'm working on that.

Instagram is taking off. What I don't like about Instagram is that so many people just throw business pics up there. I don't mind if they do it once per day, but several times a day gets annoying and I'm sure many unfollow them. People want to know YOU, it's what social networking is all about. When they figure out that you love working from home and you're able to make something of it then they will find out more about you. If you take an effort to learn more about them instead of just trying to convert them to a customer right away then you'll earn even more brownie points.

To me, that is what social networking is all about. Not flat out marketing, but association.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:13 AM
WAHM Regular

Twitter works the best for me because it's the fastest way to spread the news.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Facebook and twitter worked best for me. they help me to get traffic to my website.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:40 AM
WAHM Regular

As we are targeting small and medium business, we found out that LinkedIn and Twitter worked great.
It's actually more professional than Facebook or Pinterest
Old 07-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Super WAHM

Personally for me Instagram and Pinterest are great ways to get traffic to your business. If you have a blog for your business you can easily use those.

I am a social media manager and I manage this Facebook fan page that went from 899 likes to close to 5000 in 2 months and she would boost posts twice a week and get around 15-20 sales each time she boosted the post.

I believe it is best to stick with one and master it and then integrate. Post consistently on one so that you can build a community and don't over do sales pitches
Old 07-16-2014, 07:27 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermomlb View Post
Personally for me Instagram and Pinterest are great ways to get traffic to your business. If you have a blog for your business you can easily use those.

I am a social media manager and I manage this Facebook fan page that went from 899 likes to close to 5000 in 2 months and she would boost posts twice a week and get around 15-20 sales each time she boosted the post.

I believe it is best to stick with one and master it and then integrate. Post consistently on one so that you can build a community and don't over do sales pitches
Great advice. I am old school so I'm trying to wrap my head around the Facebook promotion. Nicci