Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Self-care Advocate

Default What's Normal

Whatís Normal?

I was discussing life with a successful woman who politely informed me she appreciated my opinions, but there was nothing wrong with her or her childhood. "Maybe I like myself just fine and donít want to change anything," she huffed.

[Basically she told me to take my philosophy and go jump off a cliff, thank-you-very-much.]

I asked her if she ever worried about her kids, her marriage, her friends or felt exhausted with her job, trying to balance it all. I asked her if she neglected her needs for the sake of others.

"Sure, but thatís normal.Ē
I used to think that way, too. Pour yourself another cup of tea, Peaches.

Itís not normal, itís not ok, and you donít have to take it.

Worry, fear, resentment, anxiety, stress Ė these are what author Dr. Joe Dispenza calls survival emotions. Not only are they NOT normal, they are making us sick. And we donít give them a second thought.

There are tools for changing this, with science to back it up. Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself is such a tool. This is a book that teaches how thoughts and emotions are driving the car. The good Dr. Dispenza believes a person can get past their mental programming by going into the subconscious operating system and bringing the programs into our conscious awareness. His book tells how to do just that; unlearn the old and allow for new to be created.

Whatís normal? Even better, ask this: whatís healthy?
Taking and making time for myself.

Warning: others wonít be so happy to see this new person unfolding. They DEFINITELY wonít like it when you start choosing yourself. It may seem selfish on their part, but itís what we taught them.

So back to school we go to get our learning on...
Hereís Lesson #1: Self care is not selfish.

Hoping you get an A+ on thisÖ.
Sponsored Links

Tags
emotional wellness, letting go, personal growth, self esteem, self help