Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Self-care Advocate

Default The Big Hoax

The Big Hoax

“A real decision is measured by the fact that you took a new action. No action means no NEW decision was made.”. ~Tony Robbins

This quote practically lept off the page at me. It’s been the story of my life. Perhaps the only decision I ever really made was to keep my old decision to stay the same.

Hey, it’s a decision….!

I have deceived myself time and again that being busy means taking action. Oh, it’s taking action…action to distraction. Not action to affect any change.

Therein lies the Big Hoax. The Great Deception.

Take an honest look at your busy schedule right now. What are you avoiding? Better yet, WHO are you avoiding? Look deeply. Beyond the fear. See your truth.

There’s no where to go but within. There’s nothing to”get” but you.

A new year is approaching. A time when people like to take stock of what they’ve done this year and what they’ll do in the coming year.

Leave the illusions to David Copperfield. See your true self. Claim it.

2013 is the year of YOU.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Grand WAHM

I so totally agree with this: "No action means no NEW decision was made.”

It makes me think that sometimes the hardest thing is getting started.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:17 AM
Super WAHM

Default The real hoax.

Annie-Pat wrote:
"The Big Hoax

“A real decision is measured by the fact that you took a new action. No action means no NEW decision was made.”. ~Tony Robbins"

After careful consideration of the pros and cons there may be a sound decision to leave something unchanged. That is still a new decision although no new action takes place, because the former decision was being carefully reviewed and may well have led to a different decision.

It could even be argued that a "new action" resulted because the person concerned stopped wavering and acted from then on in a decisive manner.

The quote from Tony Robbins is an example of trite sayings being accepted as gospel because they have been pronounced as words of wisdom by an "expert", or famous person. The statement is palpably wrong.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Super WAHM

Another way of putting it is 'Any action is better than no action'

Far to many people 'get caught in the crouch' and never get off the starting line in life. They worry about a myriad of 'what if''s?' and end up never taking action.

All change starts with a decision - followed up by action.

And massive action creates massive results.

My attitude now is Do it. Do it now!

Hell, even if the action isn't perfect you can change it down the line.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Super WAHM

Default Procrastination is the thief of time

I certainly advocate "Do It Now" rather than procrastinate. My suggestion to help with that approach is to prepare a "to do" list as the thoughts come into your head. Then sort them into order of priority.

Concentrate on the one or two items that you have now put at the top of your list and stick with it until those are completed, then move on to the next one or two.

Periodically you can revise your list and maybe change the order of priority, but don't get bogged down with getting organized.

I once had a franchisee who had the most immaculately tidy office, and he had a wall chart on which he organized his work schedule. The problem was he devoted so much time to getting organized that he had insufficient time left to do much meaningful work.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Self-care Advocate

Wowsers! opinions, thoughts, disagreements...oh my! LOVE all the comments.

Whereas I don't necessarily find Robbins to be trite, I do agree we/I can easily give away power to an "expert", discounting our own wisdom. As I wrote, the true self within is most wise, when we listen.

Also, I'm not an advocate of action for its own sake, Being busy and taking action are 2 very different things. And when it does come time to take action, I'm a bit of a ready, fire, aim girl, personally...

Agree with the comments about prioritizing, tho that may sound contradictory to my above comment. Ready, fire aim deals more with the HOW of getting things done, rather than the WHAT, if that makes sense.

Thx, folks, for sharing.

just my opinion.

Tags
goals, self care, self help