Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Why Ground Floor Opportunities?

So many people question whether getting in on a ground floor opportunity is the right thing to do. Many of us don't know the history network marketing and what it could mean to be involved at the very beginning. I'm going to share a brief history of who and how network marketing began:

Network marketing originates back to the 1940’s. A company operating under the name of “California Vitamins” discovered they could make more sales with many sales representatives selling a small amount of product each, compared to the traditional business model, of trying to have a few sales representatives selling a lot. They also realized that most of their growing customer base was made up of the friends and family of their existing sales representatives who had essentially referred them to the company because they were pleased with the product line.

New sales representatives were created from existing customers and a commission based system was devised. Teams and individuals were rewarded according to their sales efforts, hence network marketing was born.

In 1959 Richard DeVos and Jay Van Andel founded the company Amway which was an abbreviation for the term “the American way”. Amway from day one was based on the same network marketing concept. Almost 50 years later Amway is a well established network marketing company operating in more than 80 countries around the world and with more than 3 million business operators. Imagine if we were around in 1959 and became involved.

Take a look at today's trends and ask yourself what are people looking for? will it fit into our daily lifestyle? is it consumable? is it a want, desire or need? If you have the fortune (no pun intended) to find a company or companies that meet your criteria kudos!! Built a consistent portfolio so when you do find that ground floor company it fits and promotes your credibility too! It's my opinion to seek those ground floor companies and build your success will be achieved... My family still says they wish they took the Amway plunge 50 years ago....
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMShell View Post
So many people question whether getting in on a ground floor opportunity is the right thing to do. Many of us don't know the history network marketing and what it could mean to be involved at the very beginning. I'm going to share a brief history of who and how network marketing began:

Network marketing originates back to the 1940’s. A company operating under the name of “California Vitamins” discovered they could make more sales with many sales representatives selling a small amount of product each, compared to the traditional business model, of trying to have a few sales representatives selling a lot. They also realized that most of their growing customer base was made up of the friends and family of their existing sales representatives who had essentially referred them to the company because they were pleased with the product line.

New sales representatives were created from existing customers and a commission based system was devised. Teams and individuals were rewarded according to their sales efforts, hence network marketing was born.

In 1959 Richard DeVos and Jay Van Andel founded the company Amway which was an abbreviation for the term “the American way”. Amway from day one was based on the same network marketing concept. Almost 50 years later Amway is a well established network marketing company operating in more than 80 countries around the world and with more than 3 million business operators. Imagine if we were around in 1959 and became involved.

Take a look at today's trends and ask yourself what are people looking for? will it fit into our daily lifestyle? is it consumable? is it a want, desire or need? If you have the fortune (no pun intended) to find a company or companies that meet your criteria kudos!! Built a consistent portfolio so when you do find that ground floor company it fits and promotes your credibility too! It's my opinion to seek those ground floor companies and build your success will be achieved... My family still says they wish they took the Amway plunge 50 years ago....
The CEO of the company I work with got his start in Amway. They certainly paved the way.PM me if you would like a link to a video about his story which would be interesting to anyone no matter what business they are in. I am fortunate to have the stability of a company that has been around for 7 years but has the sizzle of a start-up. The most important thing is to be passionate about the products you are representing. When you find the whole package it is so exciting!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:19 PM
WAHM Regular

A friend of mine just got involved with Amway and is very excited about it! I would love to see the video. I have so many friends in different network marketing companies and they are all passionate about what they do, anyone can be successful with the right drive, but getting involved on the ground floor is exciting.

Great information, MMShell, thanks! I am very excited to be getting involved on the ground floor with my new company - launching in just 20 day!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned

Default Seems like all the "biggies" got their start in Amway!

The top producer in MonaVie also got his start with Amway.

I think no matter which company you join, the principles are the same. Your business will give you what you give it. Join a company that is solid with great products and then share those products and the opportunity with everyone you can.

I don't agree that you have to get in at the beginning. There are distributors in my company making high six figure and even seven figure incomes who started less than 3 years ago.

If the business has products that most people want and will use, your market is always changing and growing.

Network Marketing is a business. Pick a product with quality and high demand and then WORK that business. It is not magic but it is hard work. Every successful (and honest) network marketer will tell you that. It seems to be the guys who want to "scam the system" that give you the get rich quick story. Just my two cents
Old 10-11-2011, 05:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillianRose View Post
The top producer in MonaVie also got his start with Amway.

I think no matter which company you join, the principles are the same. Your business will give you what you give it. Join a company that is solid with great products and then share those products and the opportunity with everyone you can.

I don't agree that you have to get in at the beginning. There are distributors in my company making high six figure and even seven figure incomes who started less than 3 years ago.

If the business has products that most people want and will use, your market is always changing and growing.

Network Marketing is a business. Pick a product with quality and high demand and then WORK that business. It is not magic but it is hard work. Every successful (and honest) network marketer will tell you that. It seems to be the guys who want to "scam the system" that give you the get rich quick story. Just my two cents
I agree with everything you stated & I firmly believe that if you have the right products, you'll have a great market! BUT also I have to say, it is pretty EXCITING to be apart of a company from the start & having products that have no competition!!! It is hard work though
Old 10-11-2011, 09:13 PM
WAHM Fanatic

My Aunt and Uncle got involved with Amway back in the 60's.
First rags to riches story I ever heard and saw.
Hard work yes, they worked their business relentlessly for years .
and retired wealthy.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Awesome WAHM

I think many people who were successful with Amway moved on to start their own companies or help start up others! I had the pleasure of working with a "high up" Amway rep in another company and the knowledge I gained was priceless.

That knowledge has taken me to where I am today in finding independence... Today as a matter of fact was my last day working a "job"!! Done working for others now!! I've been able to put that chapter behind me thanks to my years of learning the networking industry!

Time to celebrate!!!

Good luck to all of you in your ventures!! Don't let no's get you down because for every no there's a yes!