Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:36 AM
WAHM Regular

Exclamation Please Help~I'm Looking for a biz that's close to FREE..Please reply!

Good morning,
I'm looking for a home business that's free or close to it to do from home.
I would like something that is appealing and fun!
Please respond with your business.
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2010, 08:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Celadon Road is not free but we have low start up kits, tons of marketing materials for you to use.

I also have an amazing program going on right now for any new consultants that sign up under me. For every $300 in qualifying sales you have in your first 4 months you will recieve $15 towards Celadon Road business materials, or products for yourself or to use in your kit! For example say in the first month you sell just $300 (which is under the average party total) then you will get $15 to spend on anything we offer. Say the 2nd month you sell $900 you will receive $45 toward anything we offer. You can cash out your $15 at the end of each qualifying month or you can let them accumlate and cash them out at the end of the 4th month. Just think, if you sell just $1200 in your first 4 months you will have $60 in free product! yout totals will carry over until the 4 months is over if you wish to 'bank' the $15 credits. There is no limit to how much free products you can get.

If you would like more information please let me know and feel free to go to www.agreenergateway.com
Old 11-05-2010, 09:06 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhnpro View Post
All businesses require some start-up capital. Not for "joining fees" but for the other inevitable expenses of getting a business up and running.

As a very experienced network marketer who has made her full-time living that way since leaving high school, may I give you one piece of sincere advice about that? Stay away from MLM companies that are "free to join". They are collectively not good business opportunities. I could write a book about why (and probably have done) but it's something that any truly successful network marketer will tell you, while hundreds of people who aren't earning a living will all tell you the exact opposite, many of them actually believing it's true. Be careful!

If I were you, I'd look at "affiliate marketing", because that's a business you can set up for almost nothing, by substituting labour for expense. I had a friend who decided to do that a couple of years ago, started with about $50 and is now making over $8,000 per month. It can be done.

If (like countless other people, at the moment, of course) you have no start-up money, I urge you to stay away from network marketing, and especially to stay away from free-to-join companies, and people who are not earning a very good, full-time income themselves from their business (and the ones who are won't be in free-to-join companies anyway, and there are reasons for that!).

Good luck, but be careful, to avoid disappointment!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Awesome WAHM

Yuliya is giving you pretty good advice.

But I think that passion is a lot more important than anything else, so if you find a network marketing company that excites you, that outweighs most considerations. People can and do get a superfast start and go cash flow positive in a month or so. But passion (and some skill and good support and...) is the key ingredient. And of course I think my company is the best.

Don't get distracted by free. If cash is low, spend a lot of time getting knowledge. Beware of anything that promises fast money, it is usally fast money only for the people selling the fantasy to you. You may find some good articles to think about on my School site below.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:45 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Good morning,
Thank you!
I suggest Affiliate Marketing, you can start for next to nothing. I should know I make a full time living from affiliate marketing, and have so for over 8 years.

Start with Click Bank or CJ (commission junction) to find affiliate offers I recommend offers that provide a recurring income, like membership sites, this way you get paid over and over again for as long as that person stays a members.

You can build up a big residual income each month. Your income builds on top of lasts month income, unlike making one time sales, where you have to start from scratch each month. You can make a residual income without all the MLM expense and headaches.

And then you can market your affiliate offers using many free traffic methods: Article Marketing, Traffic Exchanges, Traffic Swarm, Exit Exchanges, You Tube, Face Book just to name some.

If you can't afford a domain or hosting then drive your traffic directly to your offers (to start)

If you have some money for a domain and hosting you can get a domain for as little as $3 from Namecheap.com,

And you can get hosting for as little as $4.95 a month from HostGator.

(I have edited the auto responder information part from my original post)

I mentioned the use of Mail Chimp as a free auto responder, I have been informed that if you are going to use Mail Chimp you CANNOT use it for affiliate purposes, you will loose your list and loose your account.

So with that said you can use icontact https://www.icontact.com for less the $9 per month I use Aweber http://www.aweber.com and it's $19 per month if you cannot pay the yearly fee. There are many auto responder companies to choose from just make sure you do your research on the company.

Drive traffic to your website, build your mailing list and develop your long term income earnings with your site and your list.

So for about $20 to $30 and a recurring monthly expense of about $10 to $20 you're in business. Now this goes without saying you will have to work your butt off, but you have to do that with any business, but you're in business and now you have the opportunity to make money.

Unlike MLM where you have to pay to stay in business, meaning most if not all MLM companies require you to purchase a minimum amount of product each month in order for you to qualify for any earning and bonuses.

If you do not have a certain amount of resources that you can spare to run your MLM business, you could end in worse financial condition then you may be in now.

However if you decide on MLM, just make sure you read the Polices and Procedures of the company, most people don't and because they don't they have no clue what rules they have to play by, and if you don't know the rules they can come back and bite you in the butt.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Leo

Last edited by LeoEmery; 11-05-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:00 PM
WAHM Regular

Cool

Honestly, i think it is all a matter of opinion. I work for an MLM. Its a little different than most...but I love what I do. It is not a get rich quick kinda thing...but I feel good about what I'm doing.

I am an Independent Beachbody Coach. I get paid to exercise. Right now it is free to sign up but it is not usually. They are just getting ready for the first of the year and all of the new years resolutions. I don't do parties, I don't have invnetory, none of the standard MLM stuff. As with any business there will always be start up expenses. No Matter what.

As a coach I get 25% on and off all products plus commission off of my team. They send customers my way as well. If you want to know more. Just let me know....

Jennifer aka Coach Red
Old 11-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Super WAHM

I agree that you do have to be careful with a lot of these MLM businesses. However, I do not agree that you should stay away from ALL MLM companies that are 100% FREE. I honestly think you can have a business from home where there are no start-up costs/fees and be successful with it. You just have to do your research. That's what I did and I am loving what I do now! Haven't put any money into it and I have high hopes for my business. Good luck!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Good morning,
Thank you!
Sent you a PM..take a look..
Old 11-06-2010, 10:14 AM
WAHM Fanatic

The Gourmet Cupboard ~ Company Headquarters ~ Sour Lake Texas ~ Home Page

It has delicious foods, dips, drink mixes. Come check this awesome christian based company out. Just the coffees and hot chocolate mixes alone were what sucked me into this company. There is no fee to join, no monthly/yearly webhosting fees like most companys and you earn 10% off your downline.

When purchasing or signing up please make sure that you let them know Cindy Heward sent you!

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Good morning,
Thank you!
Well it has been three years of education and from my experience, if it is free to join usually there is some kind of upgrade which means if you want to make some money pay up. I know all about limited funds and building a work from home business and it has not been easy. I tried some of those free to start businesses and all I found was a bunch of hype and false promises. I finally decided to search for a mentor and a system that had a proven track record. This was time consuming, but the results have been well worth it. There are passionate experienced marketers looking to help new and seasoned work from home business owners who are struggling. Knowledge is at the top of my list and for me that means continued education. It is a great feeling when your mentor says that was a great post or your blog is awesome.