Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Where to turn?

Hi everyone. I have been reading these boards forever it seems and finally signed up. I see a lot of friendly advice from everyone and hope you can help me as well.

I currently work from home in medical transcription, 5 years now. However, I am looking to get out of the field for personal reasons and would love to find something I could stay at home for.

I recently signed up on an online job/resume posting site but keep getting online job offers only. Some of these places I have never heard of! I am lost as in how to find a job I can trust as I am the only income my family has at the moment. I am worried about not choosing something "safe." Do you all have any tips, ideas, constructive criticism or anything else to share?

It would be most appreciated.

Did I mention I am good with a computer (of course) and have an accounting/bookkeeping background?

Last edited by ShadowMT; 03-05-2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: adding on
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 09:28 AM
WAHM Fanatic

With your bookeeping background you could start your own virtual bookkeeping service. I offer bookkeeping along with some other VA services. I just started out and only have 1 client bookkeeping client.at the moment, but I'm confdent I will get more.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hi :-)
Glad you jumped on here with us!! I love this board, there is always great advice and I have formed some great friendships :-).
I have a home based business which gives me the flexibility to work around my 2 little girls(both under the age of 2). Their schedule changes everyday I feel so the flexibility is really nice. I would recomend that you really look into different companies and see how they are rated with the BBB, if they are linked to other companies and if you will be able to become passionate about it. I love Ameriplan because I'm able to help people SAVE and MAKE money. So I feel good about what I do. Also check out people's signature links, they have csome good info.

Good Luck with your search and God Bless!!