Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:56 PM
WAHM Addict

Question local marketing

I'm working for a true grassroots campaign for someone who is taking on our incumbent for Texas state senate.

Because we are really grassroots and don't have anywhere near the money he does I need some tips on getting out her name for a low cost. I figure this can't be much different than marketing a product.

Yes, we are on FB and twitter.

Any help or advice y'all would have would be great! We only have a little under three months left here until the primary vote.

TIA,

Tiffany
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Awesome WAHM

Build a blog (if you haven't already) and publish some posts. Create and publish related articles to free article and PR distribution sites.

Use WordPress for a blog platform and install the free plugins that will automatically send your posts to Twitter and FB.

Social bookmark each post to Digg, Technorati, etc. (there are hundreds)

Comment online to articles publishe by state news and papers - mention, or link to, your blog.

You can run an ad at ExactSeek.com Search Engine for $12 that will run for 3 months. The ad is shown on hundreds of search sites (guaranteed) and you can use your own keywords plus change the content/keywords whenever you like.

Blogging will be the quickest way to get the best visibility.

If you need to have a blog set up quickly (free hosting) - send me a PM, or contact me through my blog. I can also provide a free domain name but it is recommended you spend the $10 and secure one with the incumbents name. (you should have already done this).

Hope this helps.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:27 AM
WAHM Addict

Wow, thanks so much!
Old 12-08-2009, 04:29 AM
Registered WAHM

really very useful article

thanks for your updates
Old 12-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Registered WAHM

You're completely right, branding and awareness for your candidate is no different than a product. Several components you MUST have:

- A story - dynamic, powerful and lasting
- A Vision
- "Tribe" mentality

These three components will allow you to get people on board at the grass roots level, blogging, social media, etc etc. Are all great avenues but, the most important thing on the front end is the story, the vision and the sense of community you create to build a VIRAL campaign.

See your ultimate goal is Syndication. You want to bring into the loop and mix others who have exposure online, who have influence within their social media and you want them to syndicate your story openly and freely and become a part of the community.

Use the twitter search tool to find out who is talking about the senate race in TX, who is talking about TX period, begin to follow them, find who has influence, find who has value and get them on board with syndication your goal.

The viral effect at the grass roots level always starts with a handful of passionate people who tell and re-tell the story.

Keep on charging,

J&K