Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Can Squidoo really make you money?

Hi, I'm new to being a stay at home mum and this forum. I have started "educating" myself about internet marketing, affiliate programs,etc in July when I lost my job.

So far I only managed to make few pages on Squidoo and place some ads there. Although I have worked really hard on the content and traffic so far no results.

Has anyone made any money on Squidoo or shall I just give up as I am becoming quite disappointed .?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 09:04 AM
WAHM Addict

I don't doubt that you can make some money from Squidoo lenses. But bear in mind that all they're doing is paying you out of the money that your own lens has made for them. You can probably do better with your own independent blog rather than sharing your proceeds with them.

My understanding is that most online marketers who are using Squidoo lenses to promote their businesses are doing so more for the backlinks and potential traffic to their main site, rather than primarily for the Squidoo-derived income itself.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default sQUIDOO

I haven't tried Squidoo yet. I've been writing for firehow and really like them. I have hundreds of articles now and my earnings are getting higher every month.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:51 PM
WAHM Regular

I agree with Yulia that most marketers use Squidoo mainly for backlinks and traffic to their site. I never made any money with it. Some people swear by Squidoo, others don't care much for it.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:03 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm with Yulia too. You should also add what ever your promoting to your signature here.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:01 PM
WAHM Regular

I have read lots of things about squido being a high traffic backlink. The other thing I have heard is that you need to make it an interesting lead otherwise its just a backlink.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:43 AM
Registered WAHM

I have gotten my main sites onto page 1 of Google. Basically I use my blog posts and squidoo lenses. to get backlinks for my main site. My Health Plans Plus - Ameriplan Discount Affordable Dental and Health Plans website is #1 for "discount health plans" so getting these backlinks definitely helps.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Making Money with Squidoo

I agree with Yulia, the best use in Squidoo is to generate traffic to your main site(s) and blog(s). I may take time but it can and should be a component of your overall marketing strategy.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:08 AM
WAHM Regular

I too use squidoo but mostly to drive traffic to my website!

You should look at "21 Ways to Get More Traffic to Your Blog" by
Kim Roach in this Thread! She has a great lists of ways to get
more traffic to your lens or blog!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:35 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Agree with what's been posted all around. You'll note that even the TOP Squidoo lens (the funky bags one--that's been #1 or close to for ages) hardly makes anything at all. The author has posted how much she makes and it's next to nothing.

Backlinks and traffic.

FWIW, you can put your own affiliate links on a Squidoo Lens, you don't have to go through their second-tier affiliate system.

Tags
affiliate programs, internet marketing, make money online, squidoo, web 2.0