Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Awesome WAHM

1.) Are there any businesses out there that don't require a high start up fee ( I'm talking low like maybe $30.00 or less)?
Yes, there definitely are. However, no matter what the start-up cost, it's important that you know what you are getting as well as whether there is any kind of money-back policy. Are you able to get your $ back if you don't like the products? Or if you decide the business is not for you?
2.) Are there any that really work? If you work at it, it will make you money?
Yes, I can speak from experience here. I have done 2 different businesses - one where I didn't earn money, and one where I do. Obviously, I have stuck with the one where I am earning money. Again, don't just look at whether you can make money - look at where that money is coming from. Is it primarily based just on what you sell that month? Is it bonuses, etc? Is there any residual income (i.e. money that you can depend on month after month)?
3.) Are there any that doesn't have a high quota to meet, so you don't feel like you have to pressure someone into buying from you?
Again, yes there are. There are all different types of businesses out there, and not all of them have quotas. With mine, we do have a monthly purchasing requirement, but it basically just shopping for things that someone would already be needing, so it's not meant to be extra money.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2009, 10:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

I've been rereading Think and Grow Rich. It has been a few years ago since I
read it! I was so encouraged the last time I read it so I thought it was time to read it
again! Wow!

It all starts in the mind with an idea!
One thought from the book: "Know what you want, be determined to stand by the desire until it is realized!"

If I can encourage you to
- KNOW what you want
- Be determined to get it or accomplish it!
- Don't give up until you have attained it!

It's true it works! Have the mindset in your business "that quitting is not an option" and you will
succeed! Hope this helps!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:19 AM
Registered WAHM

Yes, I beleive the start up cost should be affordable, but you have to beleive in your products. Get behind them and really, truly support the use of the products. Even if the company has no start up fees, if you do not beleive in the products you will not be successful. Good luck in finding the right company for you.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Registered WAHM

Default created

I think vintage can look really cool when used to accent outfits. I love some of the vintage broaches, bags and scarf's. However I think since vintage has become popular it is very expensive for essentially second hand clothes.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:12 AM
WAHM Regular

This is probably going to ruffle feathers with some people, but if you don't want to spend money and want to earn great commissions, why not get into sales?

Sales isn't always about cold calling. It can be just like the home businesses posted, you wouldn't have to pay a penny. Some even pay you a small income while you improve your skills and earn higher commissions than you would with selling other products.

These other businesses can be fun as you have home parties and things, if you are into that sort of thing. I'm a shy person, so I like my privacy, but I don't mind emailing or faxing or calling a potential customer asking them if they'd like to compare prices with me to see if I can give them a better deal.

There's many options to choose from, but if you're looking into other businesses, consider looking at some of the sales jobs available.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Grand WAHM

You got a lot of great advice from everyone. There are a lot of really good company's out there do your research before you join. Once your in stay focussed on your goal. Don't let anyone or anything keep you from where you want to go with that company. (Hopefully its to the top Be patient and stay consistent it will happen for you.

Wishing you much success!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:44 PM
WAHM Regular

I am a Designer with Celebrating Home, the best of Home & Garden Party and Home Interiors combined. I was with another direct sales company but have found that people are more receptive to home products now since they are staying home and entertaining in more due to the economic crisis.The start up is $149 but the month of September designers are earning certificates for 1/2 price kits to offer to possible recruits. The compensation plan & hostess benifits are tops! Designers earn 30% - 45% I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. There are many companies you can choose from, research them all and choose what you are passionate about. It is so much nicer to get paid doing something you love!

Best of luck to you,
Jeannine Davis
[email protected]
Old 09-03-2009, 05:54 PM
WAHM Regular

Good luck with your investigation! It's definitely worth doing due diligence on any company you are looking to join.

1.) Are there any businesses out there that don't require a high start up fee ( I'm talking low like maybe $30.00 or less)?
Yes, there are, but sometimes the ones with higher start up fees have less involved for maintenance, etc. so watch for the hidden costs.

2.) Are there any that really work? If you work at it, it will make you money?
YES! I've been in the industry running a successful business from home for 10+ years.

3.) Are there any that doesn't have a high quota to meet, so you don't feel like you have to pressure someone into buying from you?
YES! There are many with low quotas, etc. Mine has $30 right now, which I use myself, so it's not a big deal.

I'm happy to help if you have any questions, send me an email at [email protected]

To your success,

Laura Aridgides, Ph.D.