Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Awesome WAHM

Is it taboo to advertise multiple times on craigslist? I post once a week because it says my ad will be up for 7 days. However, I only ever get responses on the first day.

I assume my ad simply gets buried. Is there any harm in advertising daily... even though my ad from the day before is still technically up?

Sorry for the newbie question.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Awesome WAHM

I have been able to advertise every other day or so. Craigslist will stop you if you post multiple times a day or every day - unless you change the ad. But if you want to keep your ad up near the top, you could probably get away with posting every other day.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:26 PM
WAHM Regular

You can post 3 ads a day on Craigslist per account! Take advantage of that! However your postings always have to be 24 hours apart! They will not let you post before the 24 hours!

How I look at it is: If they shut you down, which they have for me on 3 accounts, just open others! Don't worry to be shut down, worry about getting your ads posted!
Old 03-06-2009, 12:45 AM
WAHM Regular

yea posting on craigslist still works

but it takes more work then the others

backpage
kijiji
gumtree
ebay classifieds
Old 03-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Super WAHM

Reword your ads and open a few accounts. Then keep on posting.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:14 AM
WAHM Regular

So you have had personal luck with Craig's list? What kind of business do you have and what kinds of adds do you post? I'm not sure if my approach is right.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:34 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvballer
So you have had personal luck with Craig's list? What kind of business do you have and what kinds of adds do you post? I'm not sure if my approach is right.
I have had good results with Craigslist in the past - I used to use it to generate leads for my clients, but stopped doing that when they implemented the rule about needing an account to post in specific categories.

You can use Craigslist for pretty much any business, and if you are posting about specific services or products that your business owns, my approach would be like this:
  1. Make a list of services and / or products that your company offers, and especially think in terms of what is "hot" or much needed or wanted by people who are potential customers.
  2. Use each item in that list for a separate ad - I would be specific in the title and first line of the ad, with that particular service or product - the more specific the better.
  3. If your business is location based, I would also place the location in the title of the ad, as well as in the first line of the ad - here's why ---- Craigslist ads are also very visible to search engines like Google.com. If you place an ad with a very specific title plus the location (example - "chimney sweeping Boulder, Colorado"), then you will not only get potential business from folks searching on Craigslist, but you will also get traffic from people searching on Google who come up with your ad. (FYI: This is a great marketing tactic - people who are searching for a product or service often search by location in order to find something in their area.)
Something that's good to know. [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Super WAHM

Coach Heather are you with Beachbody?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Awesome WAHM

I suggest not posting more than once a day or every other day like another post said. I have not been posting there purposely anymore, I seem to get so much spam from others on there that I seem to have better response elsewhere.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Craigs seem like alot of trouble now. I was just wondering if anyone has any luck with Ebay classifieds?