Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Awesome WAHM

I've read many posts on advertising , getting good quality leads online, but I was wondering what else there is. IF you have a home based business, mlm or not, online with websites and have had SUCCESS in getting people daily to your site , getting people to join, or selling products/travel, then please share what has worked for you. I know I hear many other people who really need good quality advertising and leads, paid or not, and don't know the places to use that will produce results daily or the places to steer clear of. I know about craigslist, usfree ads, youtube, myspace, yuwie. Please share your experiences and what has helped your business grow!! Don't worry, this is the internet so there is plenty to go around for all!! I just thought this would be of tremendous help to those starting out with websites or that have been doing it for awhile and don't know what to do to get people to their site!! Thanks for all your help!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Super WAHM

We have several sources of marketing our company.
Google Adwords, Trade magazine advertising and cold calling.
Cold Calling - we call stores and email websites offering our products wholesale.
Since we are a master distributor and not an affiliate or drop ship with some other company and buy Direct from the factories, which do not sell direct, they give us leads from customers calling them requesting their products. and they have provided us with leads they get at trade shows.
Since we are not the only distributor for their products it is key we build a relationship with our account rep so they remember us and when someone calls that is not a customer they sell to, they will remember us.
We have done well with google adwords, but it can get expensive and the quality of the contract may not be the quality of customer you want.

The key to advertising is consitancy...not one big ad, but the frequency of the ads is what pays off.

Good Luck
Old 05-16-2008, 04:20 AM

I use a variety of marketing strategies, but the ones I prefer are article marketing, press releases and PPC. Before I joined my current business, I had no idea how to market. I was told what to do by my past sponsors, but never had any real success. When I joined the business I'm with now, they have a whole back office with step by step videos showing you exactly how and where to market. The owner shows you everything you need to know in order to get targeted traffic to your site. I finally found the "missing nuggets" on how to market correctly.

One of the biggest things that I've done differently is I stopped using the company'scapture pages. I developed my own and my opt-ins have doubled and tripled. I have my picture and audio on it, plus it's personal, it's my story. That definitely helps because people want to be able to relate to you.

Hope that helps!Edited by: mdcmom
Old 05-16-2008, 08:23 AM
WAHM Regular

95% of my business come from the Internet. I focus on helping others create a successful from home. These are my favorite marketing methods and lead generation activities-
1. Personal Website(s), which requires SEO
2. Blogging - three times per week
3. Writing Articles
4. Social Networking - MySpace, cafe mom, etc.
5. Squidoo
6. Discussion groups such as WAHM.com
7. Autoresponder - A must have for online marketing

Old 05-16-2008, 09:46 AM
WAHM Addict

Some things I do:
Squidoo along with Stumbleupon
Directories
forums (related and unrelated to my business)
writing articles
blogging
I write articles, ping them, post them on my website, and update my sitemap pretty often.
twitter.com
eBay and Onlineauction
I have an autoresponder that I use to just send special offers to my existing customers. You can opt into it on my website also. This helps me to stay in contact with those who have bought from me or shown interest in my products. Good to have!
There is sooooo much I want to do and need to be doing to get my site out there. That's how you get traffic. I also use trafficswarm, but I don't know that its helped bring in any sales?
Can't think of anything else right now.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Super WAHM

Please educate me on the following: what do you mean by pinging after you submit an article. Also, do you use software to submit your article/s to a large variety of directories? Second, how do you market your squidoo page, and what is stumbleupon? Third, I joined twitter, but am not sure how it serves as an advertisement to my website. Thanks for the expert education
Old 05-16-2008, 06:27 PM

sborg......When you submit your articles you can do it manually.There are a handful that I'veused. But there's also something really cool called uniquearticlewizard.com It's pretty much all I use for articles now.

Someone mentioned having an autoresponder set up, it's very important to do that so when you have opt ins to your capture page you can keep in contact with them on a regular basis. Usually people don't buy from you the first time they see or hear you, you have to send them regular emails so they get to know you and your name. I use marketingburst, it not only has an awesome autoresponder, but you can create your capture pages, plus a whole lot more. She also has a trial offer. If you need a link, let me know. Hope that helps!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Registered WAHM

Sborg,

1. What do you mean by pinging after you submit an article.

A. There are sites like www.pingomatic.com that allow you to input a description, URL and RSS feed and they will ping (notify) the sites listed that you have new content available. A WordPress blog does this automatically each time you post.

2. Also, do you use software to submit your article/s to a large variety
of directories?

A. You can use software but the quality of the article site is a little more important than blasting your article to the masses. There are about 10 good article directories that will help you get results and the rest you can use the software.

3. How do you market your squidoo page, and what
is stumbleupon?

A. You market your squidoo page by picking the appropriate key phrases as well as providing backlinks to your page (links pointing from another site to yours using your key phrase). Stumbleupon is a site that where people literally stumble upon other sites as they peruse the network. You can generally about 50 to 100 views of your page within 2 to 6-hours after submitting your site. Then it dies down until you submit another page or site. It has grown over the years.

4. I joined twitter, but am not sure how it serves
as an advertisement to my website.

A. To explain Twitter let me us an example. I plan to launch a new Web 6.0 site to help the work at home person market effectively online. I will use Twitter to get the word out. How? When I make a post on my Twitter the people who follow me will also have my post on their account. So, you never really know who they are connected too and who the people they are connected too and so on! It's pretty viral!

There is more but what I mentioned above should clear things up. Hope I was helpful!
</font>
Old 05-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi everyone, I'm soo glad I started this topic because I knew it was deperately needed to help so many people. Keep them coming!! If there was one thing I wish I'd learned when I first got
started in network marketing, it would have been this: How
to have pre-qualified, highly-interested prospects come to
ME. Well, for me personally, I have found the answer. I thought that by having company websites and doing a lot of what's been mentioned here, I would have leads everyday, well, then I thought maybe once a week, well that didn't happen either. So I searched and tried a couple different things for months, but I have found something in the past couple days that isthe difference for me. It's as easy as clicking. There's tons of information and they teach/show you by VIDEOS (that's AWESOME!!!) step by step what to do. IF you would like to see what I found that will help me, in my sig see online success trainer.This is really an awesome program and I wished I would have found it sooner, but now, I'm moving forward!! IF that's not for you, that's ok, I'm sure you'll get alot of info here and you just have to find what will work for you. But I'm soooo glad I'm done!!! Good luck all!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:11 PM
WAHM Addict

I send cards! Sounds simple- and it is really- but it has really helped our business.
E-mails are ignored, flyers get glanced at and chucked, but ppl really seem to respond to a greeting card. For some reason I HAVE to read a card. It`s like a law- lol. If it`s a cute card I`ll keep it around. IfI like it- Imight even display it.
But I definately remember it.
That`s a biggie. You have to make an impression if you want someone to think if you when they need your services.
Terry

*edited because I apparantly can`t spell tonight*Edited by: elfinsnow