Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:01 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default New Essential Oils

I can't wait to try our two new oils: lemongrass and ginger. I haven't tried these yet. Anyone have and what do you love most about these oils? I personally love using the oils in our diffuser which I run daily.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Essential Oils

Since I started using essential oils about a year ago I have received so much relief from sinus pressure, headaches and breathing problems. Their amazing!
Old 03-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Awesome WAHM

Me too! I swear by our immunity oil roll on which I put at the bottom of my feet daily and running our diffuser at least once a day. Love the clean smell of my home too
Old 03-17-2014, 05:08 AM
WAHM Master

Lemongrass is one of my very favorite oils! I find it very calming & relaxing and it helps me fall asleep. I love diffusing it with by itself or with lavender. Sometimes I'll put just a few drops in a warm bath with epsom salts. It's suppose to be good for muscle aches & pains.

Enjoy!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:08 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingitmyway View Post
Since I started using essential oils about a year ago I have received so much relief from sinus pressure, headaches and breathing problems. Their amazing!
Hey Tina...which oils do you use for sinus pressure and headaches? My husband has chronic sinus issues and I'm looking to find something that can relieve that (as Excedrin and Advil Cold & Sinus just can't cut it!)
Old 03-17-2014, 08:47 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymommy View Post
Lemongrass is one of my very favorite oils!
I am a big Lemongrass fan too. I made scented drawer liners using lemongrass essential oils and lavender and they smell amazing!
Old 03-17-2014, 09:22 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyJohnson654 View Post
Hey Tina...which oils do you use for sinus pressure and headaches? My husband has chronic sinus issues and I'm looking to find something that can relieve that (as Excedrin and Advil Cold & Sinus just can't cut it!)
Some of the more common essential oils you can use to treat your husband's headache and sinus pressure would be: eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender, orange, and marjoram.

You can dilute any of these oils with a carrier oil (such as grapeseed oil or almond oil) and massage along the temples and/or head. Lavender usually can be applied neat, but it's always safer to dilute to prevent sensitization.

He can also try steam inhalation. Get a bowl of very hot water with 3-4 drops of an essential oil and lean over the bowl. He can even apply a towel over his head.

A diffuser may also work well too. I hope you find something that works.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:13 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyscott View Post
You can dilute any of these oils with a carrier oil (such as grapeseed oil or almond oil) and massage along the temples and/or head. Lavender usually can be applied neat, but it's always safer to dilute to prevent sensitization.
I have tried this before and it really does work for headaches. I was skeptical but thought, what do I have to lose? I hate taking medication so I rubbed lavender on my temples and about an hour later, my headache was gone. Thanks for mention of the importance of dilution Jyll!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:19 AM
Awesome WAHM

I use 1 drop of peppermint oil with our fractionated oil (5 drops) which is already diluted and massage my neck or where I feel achy and it is so soothing and relieving. It also works for upset tummies and indigestion too!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:59 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Green Jeans View Post
I am a big Lemongrass fan too. I made scented drawer liners using lemongrass essential oils and lavender and they smell amazing!
Tell me how you made the liners! I know I can use a cotton ball or make a sachet, but the scented liner sounds wonderful!

Tags
diffuser, essential oils, verefina