Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:00 PM
WAHM Regular

I contacted Gary through email and expressed my feelings. He suggested that I try the makeup again. Well, at least he is aware of this so hopefully they look farther into this issue.

Thank you ladies for your advice.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2014, 07:50 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default New Color studio to be unveiled!

I shared your story at my success meeting about colors for darker skin tones BC vs MK and asked if we might be adding more foundation colors in the future. Gary Jones told us that a new BC color studio is going to be revealed at Celebration ( our conference) this summer and that we were going love it. He didn't say outright that there would be more variation in foundations but I am hopeful that will be the case! I am hoping more women like you will continue to contact him as well as consultants. They really do listen to us and I think we can make a difference!

Last edited by cabimom; 04-14-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:40 AM
WAHM Addict

That is one of the reasons I am still with Mk,I too am a woman of color and once you find what works you keep using it.I am intrigued by BC,s low ordering requirements tho.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:57 AM
WAHM Fanatic

When was the last time you ladies tried BC foundations? We have added some new formulas and colors. But I totally get when you find a foundation color that works you stick with it until the company discontinues it! I am light skinned and it took me awhile but have found a combination of products that work for me.

It wasn't until Gloria Mayfield Banks came along that MK even offered a variety of darker foundations colors It takes women like yourselves to influence the a company's research and development to come up with new colors. I'd love to be a part of that even though I am light skinned!

BeautiControl has so much to offer in other areas as well.
Perhaps take a look at Kyle Grinnage's facebook page, she is a woman of color and a National Executive Director and Trainer with BeautiControl. There might be some tips you could use or links to other pages that would be helpful!

I hope you will take Gary's advice and try again or be the influence we need to get things changed in our company!

Last edited by cabimom; 04-14-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:42 AM
Super WAHM

Cabimom, this is really a great post. I don't know a whole lot about beauticontrol. It does seem like a great company. I am african american, I definitely can relate to the frustration concerning lack of foundation colors for darker skins. Thank you for even bringing that issue to your corporate people at beauticontrol. I did see some darker colored foundations on their website. Some companies have only one shade for darker skin tones. Many lighter skinned people do not feel it is in issue at all. I absolutely agree with what you said about Gloria Mayfield Banks and the need for us to be involved and make suggestions in the product development of skin care and cosmetic companies. This was something I needed to be reminded about. I wish you great success with beauticontrol.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:46 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Thank you Teresa. This something I feel strongly about . There are other companies out there that address this specific need, but I say why not BeautiControl! I will continue to advocate for more variation!
Old 05-15-2014, 10:58 AM
Registered WAHM

BeautiControl is a great line, I used the products for over two years and still use what I have left. I was a SR. Consultant for a year before I gave up the business. I am currently trying to sell my inventor and full size testers while I make a switch for a more oganic and natural skin care line (health reasons). I cannot say anything bad about BC, there products works and are very gentle. My favorite products are:
Chem Peel and Microderm set
Spa Bright
Tierra Azule Line
Retinol eye capsules
Old 05-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Awesome WAHM

I've heard good things about BC too and best wishes to you on your search for a natural/organic product line. I'm a fan

Tags
beauticontrol, mary kay