Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 02:13 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default hmmmm

glad i got a heads up on that one.....
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2011, 02:15 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default SeneGence

Recently no, but i have invested so much time into my folder over the last few years.... i think a warning that i needed to grow my folder or post more before deleting all my posts would have been nice.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:07 PM
WAHM Master

I just don't know what happened to this site..it used to be SO busy.

I really think most people went over to facebook but I personally like wahm.com for all things "work at home". And I love the folders, to be able to interact with people that are all in the same biz, not just "like" a fanpage. kwim?
Old 08-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Super WAHM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra F View Post
I just don't know what happened to this site..it used to be SO busy.

I really think most people went over to facebook but I personally like wahm.com for all things "work at home". And I love the folders, to be able to interact with people that are all in the same biz, not just "like" a fanpage. kwim?
Yes this board had really gone down in the last 2 - 3 years as far as activity. It's a shame because I like this board

Robin Bennett
Cookie Lee Jewelry
Old 08-21-2011, 06:03 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyskincana View Post
I understand that they are cleaning house but I agree with Wootini that the end of summer (when it is typically slower on the board) is not the best time. I was also disappointed that while my company's board was slower recently, it did have active postings in it. It would have been nice in the forums that were active, but seemed slower that they perhaps gave a 'warning.' ie - if this forum does not get more active then it will be removed. I think there are some other forums that don't have that many people, but are more active that they did keep. But they already made their decision - and that's that...
I agree too. We're busy working our businesses, and with the rise of Facebook and Twitter, I guess a lot of folks are there now. But it was great to have the back posts to read up on. And some of the ones deleted really do have at least 5 people who rep for their company on this board. Just saddened a bit...
Old 08-21-2011, 09:44 PM
WAHM Addict

Censorship..sensible people tire of it. Wootini was pretty dang brave to bring it up.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:19 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Jolly...

You're brave, too.

I've moderated very busy and lively boards... and in order for things (IMO) to serve the audience properly ... BOTH sides of something need to be discussed.

And cripes... this is especially important in business. Pros and cons exist.... but the "cons" can barely be mentioned in here. (although that seems to be getting slightly better - after the Bellamora and Pink Bamboo stuff recently) That said, it's still risky to talk about what REALLY HAPPENS to us if it's unpleasant/negative. Never mind that the experience was **real**.

The problem with WAHM in the last few years (IMO) is that a company can do horrible things to their consultants and the "gag order" in here allows for that company to get away with it.

IMO... and that's all it is... JMO... as long as there are not **personal** mudslinging matches going on between members - meaning personal attacks ... well... both sides of something should be able to be discussed.

We surely should be able to talk about what companies have been doing! And seriously... you'd think that the investors/owners of WAHM would want the discussions to be lively - IT MEANS MORE HITS and golly gee... MORE HITS = MORE INCOME. (Somebody should pass this on to the owners of WAHM - seriously)

JMO
Old 08-21-2011, 11:21 PM
WAHM Regular

It is too bad things are going away. I signed up a long time ago, and then forgot about it. But when I was looking for a new company, this is where I came first! Maybe there weren't a lot of posts, but I found some great contacts.

I do wish the "negatives" were posted. I hate having to dig them up - besides, your negative might be my positive! Its all just personal opinion!!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:51 AM
WAHM Addict

Sally,
As often, you are right on.

I hope WAHM can return to where it used to be...it makes me sad when I come on here. It used to be a big family! I wonder what we can do to help bring it back...thoughts?

cindi
Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Cindi....

Maybe someone should invite our new moderator in to this discussion to see what she thinks. (hint)

Seriously... the mods (all of them - I wonder how many there are?) should, IMO, participate in a healthy discussion on this.

Closed Thread