Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:42 PM
WAHM Regular

Default New to Avon - Help! Avon Credit

i signed up for avon over the weekend and the lead rep told me i wasnt given any credit line. IT seems like u would be able to get a few more customers when they know that dont have to pay until their order is back. i have to pay for my avon ordered up front. anyone know why this happened. is there anything that i can do myself to get this changed.....i just moved into a new apartment too. so, it could be the address that i signed up with. idk.....i called the company lexus nexus and they told me that my old address is what is listed in the public records. what should i do now or is that all i can do

Last edited by liz.jewels; 01-06-2014 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Edited title to be compliant with board rules
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2014, 04:36 PM
WAHM Master

Hi, Welcome to Avon and the WAHM forums.

From Your statement above it seems as if it was your new address that caused your identification not to be verified. Unfortunately you will have to make payments up front but don't see it as a restriction use it to your advantage. Ask yourself this...What risks are involved with buy now pay later? By being required to pay upfront it keeps you from going into debt. I have seen more times than not members of my downline go into debt because they took that money and used it for bills or whatnot before they paid their Avon account. Not saying that you would do this but it happens to the best of us. Just be honest with your customers.

I have been told both ways that after a few campaigns Avon will review your account and possible give you a credit limit and I have seen emails from District Manager support saying that they will not take the hold off of x-tagged reps. I haven't gotten a clear answer on this but in my opinion it is best to make it a habit of paying your account off at the time of your bill instead of waiting.

Last edited by SAHMof2; 01-02-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:34 AM
WAHM Fanatic

It sounds like your new address probably was the cause for the x-tag. Contact your district manager and see if there is anything she can do. I know that a district manager has re-submitted a paper contract for one of my out of state recruits who enrolled online (still listing ME as her leader of course), and with what she did, she was able to get the x-tag removed on the new account, then just let the other account go inactive. I'm not sure if your situation is one that your district manager can help with like that, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Keep in mind though, even if you are NOT able to get the x-tag lifted, you can still build a wildly successful Avon business. Don't let that stop you! Did you know that EVERY other company requires ALL of their reps/distributors to pay up front?? Every single one of them. Avon is the ONLY company who allows some of their reps who qualify to receive product before payment. All you will do is run your business the same way that every rep from every other company does... by collecting payments up front so that you can pay Avon when you place the order. It will make deliveries easier too. You won't run into situations where people ordered, then when it came in.... they didn't have the money. That is an aspect of the business that is eliminated for reps who collect payments up front. I know some reps who DO have the instant credit with Avon, but still PREFER to collect and pay up front, just to eliminate the possibility of people ordering then changing their mind because they don't have the ability to pay for it when it comes in.

Have a great day, and welcome to Avon!