Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:42 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Can you really make money with Avon?

Hello everyone,

I signed up with Avon for personal use and gifts but I am wondering if you can really make money with Avon? I have been thinking about working Avon as a business to make additional money but I have been told by people who use to sell Avon that the profit they made were minimal. Someone told me I could make more money selling Mary Kay but I hate home parties and I have a hectic schedule.

Please advise.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Administrator

Many of us here are doing Avon on a full time basis.
I was able to quit my full time job in my first year and have been home now for 6 years. So yes, its possible.

That being said, you need to treat it as a business with business hours if you want to stay home. The nice thing About Avon is you can have as big OR as little a business as you need...

You can just sell and earn a percentage of what you sell
and if you want more, you can also build a team and after you title in Leadership, you also will earn a percentage of your team sales on top of your own.

I hope that helps!
Bonnie
Old 11-11-2013, 07:15 PM
WAHM Master

Lori,

I would have to disagree with you. I have been selling for about 7 years and I sell at PC level ($10,100 per year) and I only have one sub-seller who I wouldn't even consider a sub-seller because she doesn't' sell that much. I have not attempted to bring my sells up higher than that because I have been a full time student for the past three years and right now I am also working on a local community fundraising project. However, I am also a leadership representative and because I put the effort into leadership at the beginning I had become one of the top money making leadership reps in my area. Above the average that Avon quotes.

Avon has not only helped pay for gas, bills, and wants but has also helped me many other ways such as bringing me out of my shell (I use to be so shy that I would not talk on the phone or to anyone I just met), it has also gotten my name out into the community and helped me with being able to manage a business.

It depends on what you are looking to get out of this business and how much work you are willing to devote and in time you will know what the full worth of your business is.

I can not complain at all what Avon has given me.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Amen to that!

There will always be a few with un-supportive comments.
But what you put in is what you bring home. Dont let them get you off-track and ruin your dreams.

I hit AUL and Honor society in my very first year.
Most of those customers and teammates are still with me - I sell at Rose Circle now (thats over $38,000) and believe me there is a profit to be made. The more you sell the more you make.

From Halloween all the way through New Years is our busiest time of year. I have people Christmas shopping already as we have "sets" out and on sale.
Now is the time to double the amount of books you get and get them out there.

So hang in there, get the books out, make relationships with your customers, find out what their needs are. You can do this! Build it big!

Bonnie
Old 11-12-2013, 03:15 PM
WAHM Fanatic

To the OP. This is a great business for busy people. I have 6 kids, and all the household stuff that goes with that, as well as events (school, chorus, sports), AND I used to work a full time job in addition to Avon and all of that. Even around all of that I've build a successful Avon business NATIONWIDE, and I too work solely from home now. I left my job, and work my Avon business full time. Avon is the perfect business to work, and fit into a busy lifestyle. If I can do it with the busy schedule I had, truly ANYONE can.

Last edited by kcarpenter; 11-12-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: error
Old 11-12-2013, 03:55 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I deleted some posts in this thread in accordance with our board rules. A reminder that the Avon forum is not the place for former reps to discuss their challenges or problems with the company, it is for current reps to support each other in their business.

Someone looking for views from former reps would be better off asking in the general Bath/Body forum.

Rep forum rules:
http://www.wahm.com/forum/wahm-com-a...ing-forum.html