WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

GMR_Transcript
06-05-2017, 12:48 PM
GMR Transcription is a leading transcription company looking for qualified transcriptionists to work from home. We have too much work to keep up with and want to add more transcriptionists to our roster. We do not require any experience, but you will be sent a short transcription test which will be strictly graded.

Our pay rates range from $0.70 to $1.25+ per audio minute. We post details of available assignments (pay rate, due date, etc.) and you can pick and choose which assignments you’d like to take. Paydays are every other Friday and are extremely reliable through direct deposit or paper check (you choose). We have been working with IC transcriptionists for over 10 years and pride ourselves in our reliable pay, constant communication, and valued relationships we have with our team.

Please Note: Although most of our work is good quality files, the test audio is intentionally of difficult audio, so that we can weed out any transcriptionists that may not be a good fit. When taking the test, please be sure to follow the directions and formatting carefully and proofread your transcript against the audio.

We do have a probation period for new transcriptionists where we work closely with them and they complete 2 hours of audio before receiving paid work. A transcriptionist could bypass this probation period at the discretion of GMR. During this probation period, we will be carefully proofreading your work and providing valuable feedback to ensure you are all set to transcribe up to our standards. We understand this probation period may not be suitable for everyone, so please do not apply if you are not willing to participate in it.

Apply here: https://www.gmrtranscription.com/careers-for-apply_general_transcriptionist.aspx

VerbIT
06-26-2017, 05:05 AM
https://goo.gl/forms/ica5xeAPBmIj2R352

AtHomeScribe
08-02-2017, 10:26 AM
GMR Transcription is a leading transcription company looking for qualified transcriptionists to work from home. We have too much work to keep up with and want to add more transcriptionists to our roster. We do not require any experience, but you will be sent a short transcription test which will be strictly graded.

Our pay rates range from $0.70 to $1.25+ per audio minute. We post details of available assignments (pay rate, due date, etc.) and you can pick and choose which assignments you’d like to take. Paydays are every other Friday and are extremely reliable through direct deposit or paper check (you choose). We have been working with IC transcriptionists for over 10 years and pride ourselves in our reliable pay, constant communication, and valued relationships we have with our team.

Please Note: Although most of our work is good quality files, the test audio is intentionally of difficult audio, so that we can weed out any transcriptionists that may not be a good fit. When taking the test, please be sure to follow the directions and formatting carefully and proofread your transcript against the audio.

We do have a probation period for new transcriptionists where we work closely with them and they complete 2 hours of audio before receiving paid work. A transcriptionist could bypass this probation period at the discretion of GMR. During this probation period, we will be carefully proofreading your work and providing valuable feedback to ensure you are all set to transcribe up to our standards. We understand this probation period may not be suitable for everyone, so please do not apply if you are not willing to participate in it.

Apply here: https://www.gmrtranscription.com/careers-for-apply_general_transcriptionist.aspx

TWO AUDIO HOURS of free work? I can see maybe a reduced rate at most, maybe 65 cents per audio minute, but unpaid work? Uh, no, just no.

From what you said prior to that, it's not a bad opportunity (though the lower end of the range of 70 cents is rather low) but you expect people to work for free? Two audio hours is a significant time commitment. You're not talking 10 minutes of audio being transcribed for fee. Seems fairly exploitative.

IrishChik
08-03-2017, 08:22 AM
I have been doing transcription on and off for the better part of 20 years. Some working through an employer in an office combined with my other tasks, but most working from home. I have never, ever, seen a transcription company ask someone to do TWO hours of work for free. An audio sample, yes. A test, yes, But not two hours. This almost seems like you are trying to get free work from people.

Good luck to you though. I am sure there will be some people out there so lured by the need to work from home who will stumble upon your ad and give it a go.

THORSON60
08-10-2017, 10:00 AM
I have taken the tests for Rev and waiting to hear back from them.

Has anyone heard of this company? I search on this board and cannot find anything about Rev. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you,

divajant
08-10-2017, 03:27 PM
I worked for Rev when it was another name, and at that time the audio was rough. I don't do the difficult audio unless I'm getting paid good money. But over time I think Rev has improved quality wise, they even have an app for people who don't have a foot pedal, and now they've added captioning which is a great way to get your foot in the door (to me anyway) if that's something you're interested in. They pay on time, and there's a lot of support if you have questions. They're not as easy to get hired as they were in the beginning.

macdknife
08-11-2017, 05:55 AM
This is definitely a bit off, 2 hours of free work? You do the math, if 50 innocents went for it, that's a 100 hours of work done for free. Oh yeah, and all that remains is some good proofing work and bingo it's done. All for free, makes sense.

Seriously, real bad, and those rates suck too. :mad:

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1