WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Workmarket for crowdsurf

Prayercall
05-27-2017, 04:25 AM
WorkMarket wants my social before I can pull the money I earned off the account for crowdsurf. Is this trustable?

LadyMia
05-27-2017, 08:38 AM
WorkMarket wants my social before I can pull the money I earned off the account for crowdsurf. Is this trustable?

Yes, WorldMarket is legit. I have withdrawn my funds with no issues many times from them. They require that and your bank info to make the deposit. So you're fine.

Prayercall
05-27-2017, 03:15 PM
My spouse said not to do it. It looks to risky. Is there any other work from home positions like this that doesnt require putting social online?

Beach24
05-29-2017, 04:38 AM
Federal law requires them to have your Social Security number as any earnings over $600 are reported to the IRS, it would be odd if they didn't ask you for it.

LadyMia
05-29-2017, 09:00 AM
Again I currently work for Crowdsurf and get paid through WorkMarket with no issues. As stated by Beach24 your social is required to report earnings of $600 or more to the US government. You have to pay taxes on that money. However if you don't feel comfortable giving the information then of course that is your prerogative.

Have you done a considerable amount of work for them? If so why would you want to not get paid for your services? You will receive a 1099 from them which requires a social, if you earn over $600 with them. So again I can vouch that I am with them and have gotten paid many times and have given them the information in order to receive pay. It is legal and a social is required by law.

Hope this helps, but again it's up to you what you want to do.

kairi14
05-29-2017, 02:08 PM
I also work for Crowdsurf. I've worked for them for years and I like WorkMarket so much better than Mturk. Their customer service is great. In the event of a problem they are right there to chat with you online or talk on the phone, which is so different than Mturk. They have reports you can generate to track your income. And they email you a link to securely download your tax documents at the beginning of every year. They offer the traditional direct deposit if you want it but also offer a pre-paid debit card that they'll load your payments onto every day if you want that instead. They even sent me a free "prescription discount card", haven't tried using it yet but it was still cool.

persephone111
05-31-2017, 07:40 AM
Gals and guys- CrowdSurf is now no longer paying people their happy hour bonuses. They are doing this on purpose. I brought up a point about this in a post and was banned from the subreddit. They stopped replying to emails on this topic, where previously they stated the topic of bonuses was a priority for them. If you in fact read the reddit group, the entire subreddit is riddled with frustrated posts about when they are going to be paid, and how Workmarket bounced their bonuses but support if not replying to their emails for weeks. CrowdSurf only pops in once a week to make some bull**** excuse about how they're working on it, and ban people who criticize them.

I left working for them and yet, I KNOW for a fact I'm never getting the $6 in happy hour bonuses that they owe me. If their guidelines for receiving them weren't so strict, they'd owe me even more!

My take? They're in financial hot water. OR they are learning that people are so desperate right now that they can get away with it.

persephone111
05-31-2017, 07:43 AM
I also work for Crowdsurf. I've worked for them for years and I like WorkMarket so much better than Mturk. Their customer service is great.

1.This is absolutely not the experience of many people in the CrowdSurf subreddit who have just been stopped being paid by CrowdSurf, and who have loads of bounced bonus payments per month from WorkMarket, and who complain that WorkMarket always just blames CrowdSurf (unless of course it IS CrowdSurf's fault) when you contact them.

2. Comparing it to Mturk isn't saying much at all *facepalm*