WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Facebook VIP Groups?

lissaleone
12-23-2016, 02:24 PM
Do any of you use closed or secret Facebook VIP groups for your jewelry customers? I've learned that many of my Style Dots sisters do this so they can sell inventory at reduced prices, as well as show an early release of sales flyers and such. I do have a Facebook page for my business, but haven't ventured out into adding a VIP group yet.

Just wondering if you do use groups this way, how is it working out for you?

Thank you for any input!

accents4you2
12-29-2016, 08:55 AM
Hello Lisa,

I have a closed VIP group in addition to my fan page. I do much better, sales wise, with my VIP page. I post special private events, post photos of hostesses and customers wearing our jewelry and/or fashion, offer gifts with purchase, post retired products at great sale prices, do product prize giveaways with participation "games", post thank you shout outs, share our Trendy Tuesday items, goals, Sign on specials, Fashion tips, etc. etc.

I have gotten not only sales, but hostesses, and new reps. I haven't gotten ANYTHING from my public fan page in the same time period.

If you want to check it out for ideas, message me. It's not in my signature line below.

I think they are definitely worth it.

All the best,
Rebeca

JoeSpirit
12-29-2016, 01:03 PM
FB groups are valid business tools that work for most any business model, not just jewelry sales.

I do recommend that you make it a closed group.

That allows people to see the posts, but they have to join the group to post or make comments themselves. And you, or one of your admins if you have any, must approve any applications for membership.

I also recommend that you make all posts & comments subject to approval. It may seem like a lot of extra work, but this is part of your business, and you need to keep informed on the activity in your business.

Watch out for spamming too. If you don't stay on top of that it gets out of hand real fast.

lissaleone
12-29-2016, 03:18 PM
Thank you both for your input. I'm still very new to Style Dots and only have a few people I could invite to the group, so may wait until I'm a bit more established. I've seen a few friends do very well with their VIP groups but they seem to just add every friend they have on Facebook. I don't want to be presumptuous though, I'd rather have people who love the product and look forward to sales and other offers.

I manage a few local Facebook groups and know very well about the potential spam. One of them is a motorcycle group. We're constantly getting "models" ask to join. Uh... no. Delete. I can't imagine I'll have that problem with a jewelry group though. :)

One other question Rebeca, do you have a lot of interaction in your VIP group or is it just mostly you posting? I assume it's more than your business Facebook page?

accents4you2
12-30-2016, 05:16 AM
Yes, I don't recommend just adding people. I don't do that. Most people I know really dislike that. The numbers may be lower, but like you said you have people who really want to be there. I had it set where people could add friends and now I have it set to where I have to approve them. I had someone add a bunch of people, the next thing I knew horrible, nasty, graphic posts started appearing. I deleted the person, and then it appeared again. Come to find out there were over 20 plus fake profiles apparently all one person. It was a mess and very time consuming to try and get rid of the culprit. At times, I thought I got them, and a post would appear again. I deleted a lot. So check your settings. And as mentioned above, I don't recommend allowing guests to post freely anymore.

It is a smaller group but I have good interaction and participation. My last business (same group of people) never responded to ANYTHING. I would post all kinds of things and it was so discouraging and felt like a big waste of time. I switched companies and told my guests ahead of time. Told them if they wanted to leave, it was fine. They all stayed. The only thing different is the product line and they're participating now. Adding Live Photos over stock photos gets more of a reaction for the most part. They were a little shy at first but once someone started responding, others joined in. And once they started buying the product, they had more to say. Ask a fellow rep or friend to join and comment, like, etc.

And yes, definitely more than my business page.

Hope this helps.

lissaleone
12-30-2016, 06:26 AM
I had someone add a bunch of people, the next thing I knew horrible, nasty, graphic posts started appearing. I deleted the person, and then it appeared again. Come to find out there were over 20 plus fake profiles apparently all one person. It was a mess and very time consuming to try and get rid of the culprit. At times, I thought I got them, and a post would appear again. I deleted a lot.

Ugh. I don't understand why people are like that. When I do start a VIP group, I'll try to be careful about who I let in.

I actually found a site that allows you to exchange likes for your Facebook page, but my first three appeared to be fake, or from Cambodia. I'm looking for people who may actually become customers though, not inflated numbers.

I like what you say about the VIP group, where it really just takes one person to start talking and then others jump in. I find it's that way with my Facebook page too. One person asks a question and others follow suit. Bless that person who gets the conversation started! :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1