WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Freelancing
08-07-2016, 03:48 AM
LionBridge (https://www.lionbridge.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=15794&CurrentPage=23&sid=8) is hiring part-time transcribers.

Pomacea
08-10-2016, 10:28 AM
Thanks for posting this. I applied using the link, but then I got an email saying I had to apply for a specific job. It does not show that I applied, nor are there any transcription jobs listed for which to apply again. The crowd-sourcing page only shows they're hiring in China. Has anyone had success in applying?

wockawocka
08-10-2016, 12:21 PM
Thanks for posting this. I applied using the link, but then I got an email saying I had to apply for a specific job. It does not show that I applied, nor are there any transcription jobs listed for which to apply again. The crowd-sourcing page only shows they're hiring in China. Has anyone had success in applying?

It is confusing the way it's set up (at least, it is to me). You have to go to the Job Opportunities page (https://www.lionbridge.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showSearchInterface ), but how you get to that from the main site I have no idea; I only found it by googling. Once there, login with your info from the email, set the State dropdown menu to Work From Home, and you'll see the transcriber posting pop up, and you can then apply from there. Like I said, confusing! Hope this helps, and good luck!

Fun fact: you can save the Work From Home search as a Job Agent and automatically receive emails from the site whenever a job opening meeting your criteria is posted.

Pomacea
08-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Thanks wockawocka! I will give it another try when I get home and make sure to select Work From Home. Do you work for them? I've never heard of them before.

Jamillah81
08-11-2016, 11:52 AM
LionBridge (https://www.lionbridge.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=15794&CurrentPage=23&sid=8) is hiring part-time transcribers.

Thanks, I applied. I have shift jobs, but I need something to supplement them when I have an hour or two of random time to fill.

NNN9495
08-12-2016, 09:33 AM
Thank you for posting this - I completed my application and forwarded my resume. Hoping to pick up some additional transcription work as my current client has been slow recently ;)

wockawocka
08-13-2016, 11:38 AM
Thanks wockawocka! I will give it another try when I get home and make sure to select Work From Home. Do you work for them? I've never heard of them before.
I've never worked for them, but my understanding is that they've been around for quite a while and are reliable to work for, no payment issues or problems with bad management. My impression is that it can be hard to get hired due to the sheer volume of applicants, but once you do it's a solid egg to have. Again, this is speculation on my part; maybe someone with LB experience can chime in, though I assume there are some NDA restrictions.

Good luck to everyone who applied!

NNN9495
08-27-2016, 11:27 AM
Their pay rate is 10.75 per hour, which is way less than what their ad rater position paid when I previously applied. As a transcriptionist who has experience and excellent skills, this rate is laughable. Don't sell youself short for this company. Sorry but I will not be checking this board for future work. Some of us need to make a wage worthy of our talents!

PepKitty
08-28-2016, 03:33 AM
I agree with you NN9445. I was quite excited when I saw there was an email from them yesterday, being their name is well known and trustworthy. When I opened it up and saw the payrate, I was very disappointed. I could not see putting one of my higher paying jobs aside to work on one of their projects .... even for an hour or two a day. I'm going to reply to the questions though, and include the fact that that rate isn't acceptable, thanks but no thanks.

luv4oneanother
08-28-2016, 08:09 AM
I agree with both of you. I got the email from Lionbridge as well and their rate of pay for a 1099 IC of $10.75 an hour actually would work out to be below minimum wage. That is just terrible. Look elsewhere folks.

texaswahmof3
08-28-2016, 02:19 PM
I applied with them and start tomorrow. Yes, it's only a part-time job, which is what I was looking for to bring an extra few hundred dollars in a month as I work a full-time job outside the home.

The paperwork I got says we are an employee, not an IC. I even verified this with. They take all appropriate taxes out of your check.

I'm gonna give it a try.

LadyMia
08-28-2016, 07:23 PM
I applied with them and start tomorrow. Yes, it's only a part-time job, which is what I was looking for to bring an extra few hundred dollars in a month as I work a full-time job outside the home.

The paperwork I got says we are an employee, not an IC. I even verified this with. They take all appropriate taxes out of your check.

I'm gonna give it a try.
Congrats on being hired. I applied here also. How long did it take before you were hired?

texaswahmof3
08-28-2016, 09:19 PM
It was about a week after I applied that I got the offer e-mail from them.

LadyMia
08-28-2016, 09:38 PM
It was about a week after I applied that I got the offer e-mail from them.

OK, great. Thanks for responding.

DogzFun
09-08-2016, 08:10 PM
It is confusing the way it's set up (at least, it is to me). You have to go to the Job Opportunities page (https://www.lionbridge.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showSearchInterface ), but how you get to that from the main site I have no idea; I only found it by googling.

This link doesn't work anymore... :(

Pomacea
09-21-2016, 07:41 AM
To those who were hired, how do you like it? I had problems applying, but I'm still curious about the company and the work. I'm also curious that the pay is hourly. Are they pretty flexible with the hours worked?

CindyMS
04-07-2017, 08:40 AM

I'm gonna give it a try.

Are you still doing this? I have a few questions if so. Thanks!