WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Converting CD audio to mp3

JanD
06-22-2016, 06:32 AM
I've been asked to transcribe two hours of audio from a CD and wonder if it's as simple as I suspect it may be to convert it to an .mp3 file so that I can run it in Express Scribe? I don't have the CD yet, but I'm planning ahead :O Thanks for any tips!

macdknife
06-25-2016, 11:34 PM
Simple solution...Download Format Factory...it will convert almost most formats and is totally free. The developer is Chinese but don't let that put you off...it's a really good piece of software which i use on a daily basis.

FormatFactory Download (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Image-Convertors/FormatFactory.shtml)

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Mac.

JanD
06-27-2016, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the lead! Good to know. It turns out the audio was already in MP3 format and opened right up in ES, so I'm good to go! :)

macdknife
06-27-2016, 10:42 AM
Welcome! :)

Yr client converted the audio to mp3, so that was really cool!!!