WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Calculating transcription pay??

Tyjal
04-21-2016, 03:26 PM
I'm new to the transcription world and am confused as to how transcription pay is calculated? If you're earning $0.40 per audio minute, what does that equate to?

Thanks in advance!:)

Lisakd
04-21-2016, 05:43 PM
.40 cents a minute x 60 minutes = $24.00 per audio hour. Assuming good audio, turnaround time is generally one hour of real time to type up 15 minutes of audio, or $6.00 per work hour. At best. That $6.00 an hour goes down depending on audio quality and transcriber skill level. Even when i was brand new I did not work for such rates. They are insulting. I know some people don't agree - that is my opinion - but a lot DO agree. Hope that helps.

Tyjal
04-21-2016, 07:45 PM
6.00 per hour or less, that's definitely not worth it. Thanks for the info.