WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

JTee
01-28-2016, 06:04 PM
Hi all. I wondered if anybody knows of any reliable companies similar to Rev and Quicktate? I currently type for Quicktate but I'm looking for more work. I applied to Rev for both captioning and transcription but I was rejected. I'm experienced in transcription but I hear many experienced typists get turned down by Rev.

Anyway... I'm in the UK and also type for a company based here (with decent pay per audio minute). However, they've had very little work for months now. I have thought about branching out on my own but I think I would like to stick to taking on files through companies for now.

I'd particularly like to know of any other companies that offer captioning work or shorter files, if anybody has any suggestions.

I hope that made sense. It's late here and I probably need some coffee.

swtaprilz
01-29-2016, 05:37 PM
You could try TTE Transcripts Worldwide, Ltd.

You have to pass a grammar test and transcription test. Make sure you ace it, 99% at least or you can't try for another 6 months. It's open book though so use any resources you'd like.

If you happen to not pass the grammar part, you might still have a chance if you barely just made their passing grade, so check your email in the next week up to a month from them.

The company makes sure their transcripts are always 99.5% accuracy.

Good luck :)