WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Legalities of Affiliate Marketing

Dugsmom
01-25-2016, 10:42 AM
I am going to get started in Affiliate Marketing...I know it takes time (I blog for fun and that has taken years to get a following)to make money but I'd love to give this a try. Can someone direct me to a site where I can read what we can and can't do. I know that if you are sent a product to review you have to disclose that in the review. How does it work if you didn't get anything for free (you purchased the item yourself) but you would get paid if someone ends up purchasing the item? Do you disclose in the review that you are an affiliate for the company and may get paid if they purchase the product? I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered before starting. I'd hate to get sued!

writepro
02-09-2016, 02:41 PM
If you put the article on your blog, you could have the affiliate disclosure info in the sidebar. Or you could put it at the end of the article if you prefer.

If you send an email promoting an affiliate product, there has to be a disclosure in the email.

And yes, that's true even if you bought it yourself.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1