WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

ofccat
01-19-2016, 09:03 AM
I have read negatives about ANP but have heard they are under new management. Has anyone worked with them since this switch who can give me feedback?

Sunnyjoy
01-20-2016, 12:03 PM
I saw something about new management at ANP also .. can't remember where ... so I'm wondering too since they had a recent ad on Craigslist, which doesn't give their name but someone recognized the ad wording. The mention of new management even gave the specific name of someone who was no longer there; must have been really, really bad! This is my first time on the WAHM site; looking forward to learning from you all. I'm an experienced transcriber but new to freelancing.

Pomacea
02-08-2016, 11:51 AM
I just applied with them and came here looking for opinions about this company. First I got an automated email from the person you are referring to, then I got another one from a different person stating that the former was no longer with the company. After submitting the tests, I did a search on them and found lots of negative comments about slow pay and lack of pay. Perhaps that's why said person left? I'm a little hesitant to work for them now. Has anyone here had experience with them?

ETA:
Search brought up an older thread with a string of rip-off reports, I'm going to bow out should I get contacted. So glad to have boards like this where we can exchange info. I have a feeling I'm talking to myself at this point, but anyhoo.

Avi Noam Taub
02-28-2016, 05:02 PM
ANP has really cleaned up their act. Yes, payments were delayed -- though they really did always pay. They never messed over anyone.

They indeed had a great management change, throwing out a corrupt president and with him gone payments are on time and in full without any issues.

The audios are great and the pay is also very competitive.

It's a great company to work for!!!

TruM-1991
03-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Was you hired?

I just applied with them and came here looking for opinions about this company. First I got an automated email from the person you are referring to, then I got another one from a different person stating that the former was no longer with the company. After submitting the tests, I did a search on them and found lots of negative comments about slow pay and lack of pay. Perhaps that's why said person left? I'm a little hesitant to work for them now. Has anyone here had experience with them?

ETA:
Search brought up an older thread with a string of rip-off reports, I'm going to bow out should I get contacted. So glad to have boards like this where we can exchange info. I have a feeling I'm talking to myself at this point, but anyhoo.

TruM-1991
03-05-2016, 07:59 PM
I just submitted my test and got nervous when going over all the negative feedback.. I mean, alotta bad feedback.

ANP has really cleaned up their act. Yes, payments were delayed -- though they really did always pay. They never messed over anyone.

They indeed had a great management change, throwing out a corrupt president and with him gone payments are on time and in full without any issues.

The audios are great and the pay is also very competitive.

It's a great company to work for!!!

Pomacea
03-09-2016, 02:16 PM
Avi Noam Taub - I see you posted on 3 different ANP threads. I assume you work for them? Please elaborate. Thanks :)

heykt13
03-10-2016, 06:31 PM
I've worked with ANP as a freelance contractor for almost 4 years. Yes, there were slow payment issues in the past, but I stayed because I never didn't get paid, but mainly because I was treated so well by many in upper management and staff. Unfortunately, one person saw fit to take advantage of this company and gave many of us the runaround when it was time for payment, which was often a few weeks late.

Then everything changed this January when this person was caught and kicked out of the company. Since under new management, ANP has gone far out of their way to clearly communicate payment structure and made good on their promise to make payment on time. All questions were answered in a timely AND kindly manner and I saw how much it meant to management that all employees and contractors were treated with respect concerning any issues they had.

All payment has now been made on time. There is good transcription work here and an understanding staff or I wouldn't have stayed.

Pomacea
03-10-2016, 11:09 PM
heykt13 - thank you for sharing your experiences. It's very helpful to hear from people who have worked for them in the past and present. Glad to hear things have turned around.

Scribewiz
03-11-2016, 10:46 PM
Hi guys,

Being fairly new to the freelancer game; like many of you I have searched many sites for the best and most reliable info I can get (this site rocks by the way).

I had read mixed reviews on ANP but a little over a month ago I decided to bite the bullet and apply - I got a quick response and got my application underway.

I passed, and was notified within 4 days; I have not looked back since.

The Editors are always helpful and freeflowing with advice, you get access to the work calender to fill out the hours can work for the week, guidline book, they have set days for each step of the payment process, but most of all have been very professional and upfront about everything.

I can't comment on the company pre 2016, but if you are umming and arring about whether to give them a crack - Do it, you will find all the negative stuff is a thing of the past.

Pomacea
03-12-2016, 08:42 AM
I notice all the pro-ANP posts are first-time posters. I guess if you registered just to set the record straight there is nothing wrong with that, assuming you really do work for them. Could any of you tell me what's the nature of the transcriptions? Focus groups, interviews? All medical-related or mixed? The typical length of the files? How many audio hours are you required to work per week? What is the pay schedule?

My full-time job may be shutting its doors soon, so I'm mulling over my transcription options. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather.