WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Pay Rate Question

RushTX
12-20-2015, 10:41 AM
I am currently looking for transcription work; I've had about 4-5 years General Transcription experience, including experience as a Transcription Dept. Team Lead. My question is - for you veteran transcriptionists - what kind of pay scale should I be looking for or expecting to get with my experience so far, and what are some good companies to pursue? Please give me a round-about figure for a good rate per audio hour and per page.

My last position, I was making $1.00 per audio minute, and I'd like to find something that pays at least that ($60 per audio hour). Most of the advertised positions are paying much lower than that, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Of course I LOVED that position and company; unfortunately they eliminated their Transcription department.

Thanks,
Rushell

Gutsy
12-29-2015, 03:15 AM
I would say $60 per audio hour is about right. Good luck!

jmking24
12-29-2015, 11:02 AM
Try looking into Audio Transcription Center out of Boston. They pay $1 per hour and are looking for transcriptionists to help with a huge project coming up that needs to be finished by the end of March. I've done contract work for them for the last six months and love working with them.

Janice

tmbtmb
12-31-2015, 09:26 PM
Greetings:
I'm a 9-year-experienced Transcriptionist/QA, I can type thousands of lines, but don't have time to proofread it.
No matter how fast the speaker dictates, but if it's clear enough, I'll be able to deliver even before TAT with RAW TRANSCRIPTION [email protected]% accuracy. You can proofread it with your own PRs.
Remember you are just going to pay only for my quality(definitely will cost you less)

If interested, send me test file.