WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

10-13-2015, 07:12 AM
This requisition is closed

tripmom
10-13-2015, 11:03 AM
I applied and was accepted; however, after receiving the the general vendor overview document I have discovered that neither of my transcription programs, Express Scribe or Start Stop will play the DS2 format. Could you recommend a software package that would play all the required formats?

hollar
10-13-2015, 11:14 AM
tripmom,

If you go to "http://www.nch.com.au/scribe/kb/1444.html," you'll see:

"Update on DS2 (DSS PRO) File Format Support

Version 5.30 of Express Scribe and Express Dictate version 5.41 now support DS2 file format. Now Olympus PRO and Philips PRO (and any other) recorders or devices using this format can be read through Express Dictate and Express Scribe."

Hope this helps! :)

mathomas
10-14-2015, 08:46 AM
tripmom,

If you go to "http://www.nch.com.au/scribe/kb/1444.html," you'll see:

"Update on DS2 (DSS PRO) File Format Support

Version 5.30 of Express Scribe and Express Dictate version 5.41 now support DS2 file format. Now Olympus PRO and Philips PRO (and any other) recorders or devices using this format can be read through Express Dictate and Express Scribe."

Hope this helps! :)

That is what the web site says, but friends who were still working with these types of files told me a year or so ago that there were problems with long audios (like an hour long or more) not converting properly. I'm not sure what they used in the end.

Lisakd
10-14-2015, 11:31 AM
I have the latest version of Express Scribe and DS2 files do not play properly. I have to use a separate program to convert them and then load them into Express Scribe.