WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

DJManas
09-29-2015, 04:18 AM
Hello,

Our project https://speechtotextservice.com are paying from 15$ to 20$ for transcribers per audio or video hour. Join us if you have time :)

We have tons of work right now.

brooklynne2009
09-29-2015, 05:20 AM
Wow. That is a very, very low rate even for a newbie. The lowest for me as a newbie was at least $50 per audio hour. I sure hope it was a typo and they mean that is the pay per working hour and not audio hour. Be careful not to take too low of pay folks. We work hard and deserve to be paid great for what we do. Just my thoughts.

Peaked
09-29-2015, 07:33 AM
Hello,

Our project speechtotextservice[dot]com are paying from 15$ to 20$ for transcribers per audio or video hour. Join us if you have time :)

We have tons of work right now.

I hope that people who are new to transcription take note that $15 to $20 per audio hour could amount to less than minimum wage. You might also want to take a look at www.speechtotextservice.com/pricing to see what they are charging their customers. Very eye-opening.

DJManas
09-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Well after transcription is completed its also checked by editor. If transcriber is doing good job he/she can become editor. Editors are paid ($10-$16 per audio hour) for fixing transcribers mistakes.

pawp11
10-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Well after transcription is completed its also checked by editor. If transcriber is doing good job he/she can become editor. Editors are paid ($10-$16 per audio hour) for fixing transcribers mistakes.

If you paid more for transcribers, you likely wouldn't need editors/proofers.

Math for anyone interested. If you take four hours to transcribe an hour's audio at $20.00 an audio hour, you will be making $4.00 an actual hour. FOUR DOLLARS! You could clip coupons, collect aluminum cans, and turn your lights off and make that or better in the U.S. Perhaps you can do it quicker than that, but you should know there are lots of companies out there that pay better than that.

DJManas, is this considered a fair rate in Edinburgh? I sincerely doubt it.

LadyMia
10-02-2015, 02:53 AM

Math for anyone interested. If you take four hours to transcribe an hour's audio at $20.00 an audio hour, you will be making $4.00 an actual hour. FOUR DOLLARS! You could clip coupons, collect aluminum cans, and turn your lights off and make that or better in the U.S. Perhaps you can do it quicker than that, but you should know there are lots of companies out there that pay better than that.

Yes, total SLAVE WAGES. I worked for a company where I made $75 and up for 1 hour of audio. Just depended on how many words were said within that hour. $15 to $20 for an audio hour is definitely a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'll pass.

Alba
10-02-2015, 10:52 AM

Pawp11,
As you thought, that rate is ridiculous for the UK too. Thanks for flagging this up, though. I hadn't bothered to check on this company's location. Having had a quick look at official company register sites, the info about this organisation seems to be non-existent.