WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

SunSurfStars
09-21-2015, 01:06 PM
Has anyone begun homeschooling at around 12 years of age? Curious how that affected your childs social life, behavior etc? I am considering it so that we can do more travel. I have a friend that has done this and they travel to lots of places and turn everything into a learning trip. It has worked out very well for them but she is the only one I know who has done this. My daughter is pretty social and it does concern me that she will begin to feel left out even with our best efforts to keep her available and in contact with her friends. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

mellisaloo
09-25-2015, 08:15 PM
Where will you be traveling to? Most kids don't have an opportunity like this and it would probably be really awesome for her. Maybe get her more into writing letters, sending post cards, doing videos from where she is travelling etc to keep in touch with her friends.

Amyusb
10-07-2015, 04:06 AM
I wonder how it is going for your daughter? Mine is only 8 years and has always been home-schooled. We have a few home school groups that we "connect with". And we also learn about all the programs that the local schools and libraries share with home schoolers. We go to the park and the local pool and there are a few neighbors her age that she plays with but they are gone to their activities, too.

She joined "dance" and has tried "gymnastics" and like with all regular schoolers, it can get overwhelming so we try it all and then settle for a few. She has made several friends and sees them at some of the different events.

I think my daughter has benefited in that she gets along well with children her age as well as adults. She can enjoy herself either at a child's function or at an adult dinner. She never pouts and always seems to have a good time. I guess it has made her pretty flexible.

Amy

Has anyone begun homeschooling at around 12 years of age? Curious how that affected your childs social life, behavior etc? I am considering it so that we can do more travel. I have a friend that has done this and they travel to lots of places and turn everything into a learning trip. It has worked out very well for them but she is the only one I know who has done this. My daughter is pretty social and it does concern me that she will begin to feel left out even with our best efforts to keep her available and in contact with her friends. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1