WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : How many of you have done this?

Peaked
09-08-2015, 09:13 PM
I just spent 15 minutes researching a term because I had the most terrible time hearing what the speaker was saying. I used every combination of letters and * (wildcard search) that I thought the word might contain. Then, in the next sentence, he spells it! I am such a bubble brain sometimes!!

Gutsy
09-09-2015, 12:11 AM
Oh yes, that has happened to me.

mully
09-09-2015, 05:43 AM
That is the main reason I don't research anything until I'm in proofing stage now. That said, you can still end up spending 15 minutes researching something. I know many contracts will say 'don't spend a lot of time researching something, just mark it', but it annoys the heck out of me so I will spend that time doing it.

PeterF
09-09-2015, 09:49 AM
I am guilty of things like this, though I've been trying to limit how much time I spend on any given word or term. Even if a speaker doesn't spell it out, it might get pronounced more clearly a bit further along in the recording, or you might get some context to narrow it down.

Lisakd
09-10-2015, 10:08 AM
More times than I care to admit, lol.

Peaked
09-11-2015, 02:59 PM
That is the main reason I don't research anything until I'm in proofing stage now. That said, you can still end up spending 15 minutes researching something. I know many contracts will say 'don't spend a lot of time researching something, just mark it', but it annoys the heck out of me so I will spend that time doing it.

I keep telling myself to wait, too, but I still keep doing it. It seems as if my hands and my head don't coordinate. :o

divajant
09-11-2015, 04:05 PM
You are not alone, but I'm not happy doing it the other way around.:o

workathomebum
10-06-2015, 06:53 AM
That can be so frustrating. This is the reason I often just put inaudible tags in as soon as I get an unknown term the first time around because often times it gets clarified later or you figure it out easily later on during the transcript and can fix it upon review.