WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Question

Backwoods Typist
06-17-2015, 11:59 PM
Hello! I am fairly new to the forum. Though I found this forum last year, its been awhile since I have been back. I have some questions I want to throw out there. I hope some of you have advice.

I am currently a medical transcriptionist with approximately 9 years of experience. Back in 2013, my in-house job was bought out by a MTSO and with the job market here being stale at the time, I had to take a job with the MTSO. I am looking for a way out. However, I need to be able to stay at home due to family issues.

My questions are: How hard is it to switch to general transcription? Are the jobs primarily independent contractor or are there some that are employee? Any advice?

I really used to love medical transcription and still do, I am just not happy where I am at and need to change things before I lose my mind. I am looking at options and trying to keep an open mind. I have never done the independent contractor thing, and to be truthful the whole thing scares me. I guess it wouldn't if I learned how everything went.

Thanks in advance to all who answer.