WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

jinnycsc
05-18-2015, 03:37 PM
But when I see something like this:

"We pay the highest rates in the industry
Start From: $20 Per Audio Hour
$250 – Average Earnings Per Month
$2,200 – Top Monthly Earnings"

... it really just leaves me speechless. In what universe are these rates the highest in the industry? To the company that is advertising this, I have nothing nice to say to you right now. How on earth do you justify paying your transcriptionists $20 per audio hour (yes, it's the starting rate, but still) when you are charging your clients $90 per audio hour? Urgh!!!!!

Thank you so much for letting me rant.

Crazy Pet Lady
05-19-2015, 04:25 PM
That's about twice what this company I'm working for is paying. I joined this company for the flexibility. I didn't expect to get rich or anything. I'm spending sometimes hours googling and researching names and terms and giving it my all, thinking there were bonuses for good work. So far I'm making 17 cents a minute and have no idea if that includes the bonus or not. I don't expect top rates as a beginner, but I do have my dignity.

Gutsy
05-28-2015, 07:58 AM
Crazy Pet Lady it sounds to me like you might be getting ripped off. When I subcontract work I pay my people more than that and I'm in South Africa! Don't let them push you around.

Crazy Pet Lady
05-29-2015, 10:06 PM
Sure feels that way, Gutsy. They still haven't approved my biggest file. When that comes through I'm done with them. It was interesting work though.