WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Share an eBay story

Online Sam
03-07-2015, 05:39 AM
Here's a short tale from an eBay sale I made today.

I had bought a Casio electronic keyboard from eBay for a nephew of mine... he never touched it. Whilst at my sisters she mentioned she was going to throw it away... I said, "no, i'll take it back and re-sell it." I wanted to see if I could out-sell the price I picked it up for in 2011 ($20)

in contrast to the listing I purchased the keyboard under, I really went to town on this listing. 12 photos, reasons behind the sale in the description, qualification of the power working, re-affirmed all keys working, offered to throw in some music sheets (I had printed a few for my nephew off of the internet), and really put a spin on the sale. It was a few minutes of effort, but that effort always pays off.

I managed to sell the thing for $85! $65 over what I had paid. I wasn't too concerned about the money but just wanted to throw a little challenge at myself.

Put energy into your listing people and profit! :p

Feel free to share some of your recent eBay wins. I have moved on from it and don't do it so much anymore but I forgot how much fun it can be!

imogene
03-10-2015, 05:30 PM
I have specialized in selling top brand ladies clothing that I get from charity stores.

Women who pay ridiculous prices for their clothes don't seem to keep them for long and I like that because it gives me a good opportunity.

Online Sam
03-12-2015, 12:23 AM
Yes Imogene, that is a little way to get gold - branded items for cheap - that the op shop may not even know the value of - then flick it off for a mark up on eBay.

Nice going.

Done particularly well with an item that you care to reminisce with ?

ybnegood
03-12-2015, 06:32 PM
I sell at Craft/Vendor shows and have had good success selling impulse items. Sold a few things here and there on Ebay, but nothing regular.

A kid and his mom stopped by my booth and the kid was excited to show me a toy his parents got him when they went overseas for a business trip. It was basically a under $5 toy, but it was so unique, I decided to do a little research on it.

Bottom line, I found the supplier, found a video that had been made showing the toy in action. I
posted it for a very low price on Ebay, and to date have sold almost 10,000 of them. Don't make a huge profit on each one, but most people buy 4 or more at a time, so it adds up. plus my business card in each package has led to other sales and repeat orders. Adding the demo video tripled my sales rate.

martin

imogene
03-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Hello Martin. I am curious about yola. Does it work for you? Im thinking of using yola and would be glad of your opinion.

ybnegood
03-13-2015, 06:09 PM
What can I say? It's Free and easy to set up. My site, although not perfect, only took about 20 minutes
to completely set up. It has E-commerce, lets you take paypal, very easy to update and I've
gotten many sales off the site

I probably could do better in sales if I had my own .com site, but then I would have to pay for
hosting it. With Yola, I have 5 different sites up and have received sales from all 5 sites.

martin

imogene
03-15-2015, 10:49 PM
What can I say? It's Free and easy to set up. My site, although not perfect, only took about 20 minutes
to completely set up. It has E-commerce, lets you take paypal, very easy to update and I've
gotten many sales off the site

I probably could do better in sales if I had my own .com site, but then I would have to pay for
hosting it. With Yola, I have 5 different sites up and have received sales from all 5 sites.

martin

Thank you Martin,

I was worried that not having a "proper" domain name with a .com or that would mean people dont take you seriously, but it looks like that is not such a problem.

Online Sam
03-15-2015, 10:50 PM
I sell at Craft/Vendor shows and have had good success selling impulse items. Sold a few things here and there on Ebay, but nothing regular.

A kid and his mom stopped by my booth and the kid was excited to show me a toy his parents got him when they went overseas for a business trip. It was basically a under $5 toy, but it was so unique, I decided to do a little research on it.

Bottom line, I found the supplier, found a video that had been made showing the toy in action. I
posted it for a very low price on Ebay, and to date have sold almost 10,000 of them. Don't make a huge profit on each one, but most people buy 4 or more at a time, so it adds up. plus my business card in each package has led to other sales and repeat orders. Adding the demo video tripled my sales rate.

martin

Super cool.

Great eye for a market there ybne

TheUnextreme
04-29-2015, 10:17 AM
I recently began shopping at the Goodwill Outlet. They are super cheap-- you pay by the pound. I found a deck of Pokemon cards that were still in the package. I know nothing about Pokemon cards but thought I may as well grab them, since they'd only be between $0.25-$0.50. Sold them on eBay for $150!

Online Sam
05-09-2015, 12:04 AM
I recently began shopping at the Goodwill Outlet. They are super cheap-- you pay by the pound. I found a deck of Pokemon cards that were still in the package. I know nothing about Pokemon cards but thought I may as well grab them, since they'd only be between $0.25-$0.50. Sold them on eBay for $150!

What a winner. Well done!

mrswahm
06-16-2015, 04:28 PM

I'd like to find a few of those Pokemon decks. Lucky!

LeLa17
06-16-2015, 05:54 PM
Great Day,
Ebay........hands down one of the greatest online merchant platforms to exist.
When I began on Ebay it was a struggle to find that niche or product that could turn a buck into two...With a few items around the house i started my adventure. At the beginning it was great then i ran out of stuff to sell, it somewhat became addicting. So one thing turned into another and while researching what niche i could get in on gaining financial freedom like others I stumbled on gold......CELL PHONES.......
not just any cellphone, but broken, used, and new smartphones. A guy on Youtube showed me how he did it and i simply followed his direction. Go to craigslist compare and contrast on ebay and flip your money in 3 days.....its that simple....

selling clothes is a great business there are many people on ebay that become successful from that industry...but its to crowded and "a piece of the pie" is to thin to gain substantial income with 15% fees from ebay and paypal altogether...Technology is getting stronger each and every second!!!! think about it...:cool:;):)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1