WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

janny108
01-15-2015, 06:26 AM
what are some good affiliate programs that are profitable?

danasurvey
01-15-2015, 10:23 AM
There are many, many affiliate programs out there.

What is your niche? What are your interests?

That can help you to narrow it down.

Awatson32
01-17-2015, 11:38 PM
You have to find something you love!

txtesez
01-18-2015, 11:25 AM
It is difficult to find companies that will approve you to be an affiliate for those products you just love unless you can give them an advertising plan along with your website that has a lot of traffic already coming to it.

So it's easier to start with something like Amazon or Clickbank whom you do not have to be approved before you start promoting them.

With Amazon you'll need to build a good website blog, get a bit of traffic, have friends and relatives interact with your website (ask questions or comment on the blog - and you must respond to those comments), keep posting great relevant articles daily (you could post product reviews). Hopefully from doing that you will get your website indexed on Google. Whatever you do; don't just put affiliate links all over your home page, this is a turn off to google! ~Your site must offer valuable information and become trustworthy - this is how traffic will be sent to you instead of you searching blindly for it.

Also keep in mind if you choose amazon products, you only get paid 4% your first sale. As you sell more your profit increases a bit. So, you will want to review their compensation plan and pick items priced high enough that you will see something more than pennies.

Bountiful Blessings!
Tina
;)

BBKS
01-19-2015, 11:36 AM
If you want to find a good affiliate program then you need to do some research on same. It could be weight loss, selling products and services for a company etc....It depends on what you want to get into.

ginene
01-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Amazon has a low percentage but if you advertise right that pay well. Also Zazzle is pretty good. You upload images and sell them on their site. They provide everything and you just provide the image. Also if you're not good at creating things you can be just an affiliate and make 15%.

Utopia
01-19-2015, 03:01 PM
I believe in having something unique is key. How many dang weight loss companies are out there? Its hard to compete when EVERYONE is doing the same thing.

I went a different route and promote things very unique and have few competitors or even few affiliates. That means it is more likely that they will find me rather than 5 million Amazon affiliates.

I went with being an affiliate for Fantasy Sports and 1g Gold bars. It has done me well thus far as I used to be a fulltime mlm guy, now I do not even promote mlm's at all.

Online Sam
03-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Everything can be profitable to a degree, but it will be your approach to the whole endeavor that will deliver the real long term value.

The concepts and rules of marketing will serve you well, these have been around for a while - the difference between putting up a site and having a link that says "buy this please so I can get paid" vs say - an amazon affiliate review site - are night and day.

Don't be shy about asking questions.

The other element of affiliate marketing that really helps is that there is so much education / models out there for you to follow.

All the best with it!

internetM
03-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Here's a tip. You may want to get into something you can easily market online. Beauty products, like some of the post above, are over-saturated. Also, be careful of ones that require some type of commitment, purchase quota, etc. That could easily turn into a monthly bill rather than a monthly income.

Been there, done that.

That is unless, by affiliate marketing, you mean something like being a ClickBank affiliate or something of that nature.

Jeffrey Sloe
03-09-2015, 04:37 AM
What are you passionate about? What are you interested in? Answer those questions, search for a product and build your niche.

There are many profitable products in ClickBank or Amazon, both are great places to get started. I'm sure you could find something that fits your niche in either location.

wmaker
03-10-2015, 06:40 AM
Lets face it… working from home is something we’d all like to do.
From being able to work when you want, from wherever you want, the percentage of people who are striving to work from home is continually increasing.
Want to work from home and make money online? Want to know how? Just visit: gsnipervol3.blogspot.com

Online Sam
03-17-2015, 05:41 AM
A very popular and profitable affiliate program can be the ...um..."exotic" niche shall we say. A particular part of that market we probably should leave out of this discussion ;-)

canadianMT
03-17-2015, 01:08 PM
A very popular and profitable affiliate program can be the ...um..."exotic" niche shall we say. A particular part of that market we probably should leave out of this discussion ;-)

My understanding is that it is that it is difficult now to make money with that "exotic" niche with all the free content in that niche out there now. That is just what I thought I had read somewhere, so I might be wrong. I have heard that there are people though still making a lot of money in that niche. Just that it is a lot more difficult than it used to be.

Christopher

DashMama
03-18-2015, 01:23 PM
Lets face it… working from home is something we’d all like to do.
From being able to work when you want, from wherever you want, the percentage of people who are striving to work from home is continually increasing.
Want to work from home and make money online? Want to know how? Just visit: gsnipervol3.blogspot.com

Before anyone buys into a program like the one above, make sure to do a search on it. The internet marketing forum, warriorforumdotcom is a great place to get down and dirty reviews of a product. GoogleSniper3 isn't winning too many brownie points from what I read. And its pricey at $50/month or something like that.

The suggestions to use Amazon or Clickbank are good. You can get creative with Amazon products. I had set up a local website and during the holidays I put ads up at the local stores telling folks to shop for birthdays, Christmas, Valentines, etc. for the best products and prices at ....then I put my easy to remember website address at the bottom of the flyer.

On my website I had an amazon store setup, but more personalized towards my locale and personality. Sold tons of stuff during the different "buying" holidays and made great affiliate commissions. And it only cost me the price of hosting and some paper. Some hosting companies will give you a free domain name, or a really cheap one, if you get a hosting account with them.

eightthirty
03-18-2015, 03:39 PM
I've had good success with subscription box affiliate programs including fresh food delivery, as well as organizational products.

Share-A-Sale also has some good affiliate programs that offer $5 for a special post at times or special bounties for referrals.

yogeshpadsala
03-19-2015, 12:16 AM
I am big fan of CPA (Cost Per Action) offers, where you dont need to necessarily generate sale in order to make commission, but if you just cause certain kind of actions, like generating leads, getting trial signups, etc and you make money..

Just need to test lots of offers with lots of traffic.. and those offer - traffic combination gives more ROI, then you can scale it up :D

God Bless

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1