WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : site listed in google

adeelghazanfar1
12-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Hello,I was displaying ads of affiliate programs. Now I have no interest in using affiliate marketing, because I did not find it useful. I have a site listed in google, where I used to display ads. I want to know, that what should I do about that site. I have stopped using that site.Thanks

msuggitt
12-04-2014, 01:30 PM
If you are talking about a google site or another free site that you put up to promote the links - you can do nothing as if you aren't promoting no one will find the site anyways - that way if you decide to re-enter the affiliate marketing field, you can simply start directing traffic to it again.

But do keep in mind that it is called Affiliate Marketing meaning that you have to do the work to market your sites and links. There is a steep learning curve that's why so many get into a program to help them But it still is one of the top ways to make money online - it just really isn't as easy to learn as most of the programs and advertising make it sound. But it's a talent that once you learn - you can always fall back on. Marketing is part of Sales both on and offline - you do need to sell in order to make money.

best wishes in your next adventure

teachyouanything
12-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Hello,I was displaying ads of affiliate programs. Now I have no interest in using affiliate marketing, because I did not find it useful. I have a site listed in google, where I used to display ads. I want to know, that what should I do about that site. I have stopped using that site.Thanks

If you have no interest in the site just leave it as it is... Or are you trying to remove it from Google so nobody would find it? In that case use Webmaster Tools:
google.com / webmasters/tools/removals

katelynsdad
12-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Does it still receive a decent amount of traffic? If so, you can redirect it to your other sites that you are still interested in keeping.

Otherwise, another option is to resell the domain name or the website

jamory33
12-15-2014, 10:33 PM

Just an idea, but if you are getting significant traffic to that site, you should consider selling it, or if you have the funds, bulk up the traffic going to said site, capture the leads and sell the leads to those targeted businesses that could use them!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1