WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Jolly Holiday Sale!

kainsley\
12-02-2014, 12:21 PM
This sale is awesome! How is everyone doing with it so far? My team is so excited to see the new specials each morning.

LAscents
12-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Everyone is loving the free shipping offer this week!

mariglynn
12-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Customers are LOVING these specials!! And the free shipping makes it really awesome!!:D

bucksmom
12-04-2014, 07:47 AM
My customers are very disappointed in the sale. They don't want bundles, they want to be able to order individual products of their choosing. Scentsy is going downhill and I'll be jumping ship soon. I typically sell a few thousand dollars worth of product in November every year since I joined. Know how much I sold this November? $0. When I can't guarantee that products will be in the customer's hands by Christmas, they choose to just go to a brick and mortar store and get their gifts there instead. Not happy with this company at all.

LAscents
12-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Wow that's unfortunate. The sale is going really well and our sales (both within my group and within the company) are amazing. The bundles are working out well because most of them are being divided into more than one gift, plus stocking stuffers. Plus we have all the warmers in close out too. It's not often they're offered for these crazy low prices. I love the boost it's giving for December sales too since our Christmas guarantee date is the 18th we don't have a full selling month.

bucksmom
12-04-2014, 10:40 AM
You must be a Director or Superstar Director lol. You are all brainwashed thinking that this is such a great company. Did you know that there are consultants out there who have had to pay hundreds of dollars out of their own pockets because Scentsy refuses to offer refunds or cancel orders that were placed OVER A MONTH AGO and haven't been shipped yet? Scentsy keeps the money and expects the consultant to pay the angry customers back. It's shady and deceiving, and I will not be part of such a dishonest company. Read the writing on the wall... Scentsy will not be around much longer.

Not to mention the false advertising with these bundles... one of them was supposed to have a tub of Washer Whiffs and after orders were placed, they changed the bundle to include a small bottle of WW. Today they couldn't even list the correct warmer on the Tween Bundle...

kainsley\
12-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Wow! Sales are excellent for me & my team also. Scentsy gave all those customers who had to wait free warmers. What other company does that? That cost them a fortune to send that many free warmers out because we have such an amazing product that they can't make them fast enough. And the port labor dispute holding up orders isn't Scentsy's fault. It's affecting thousands of companies, hospitals, etc. In fact, Scentsy spent another load of money to re-make those warmers & have them air-freighted in. Scentsy isn't going anywhere, but up! I challenge you to find another company to match Scentsy's growth & the home office's compassion for their consultants & customers. Good luck to you in your future endeavors!

imamomagain
12-04-2014, 09:27 PM
I have to agree with Kristi & Laurie. My customers who had "back ordered" Warmers received their Warmers on time PLUS received a free warmer! If you placed $0 in orders last month and have back orders from a previous month, I would call consultant services if I were you. They should have received them by now. Unless it is Chasing Fireflies or the couple that are on the list to arrive in January.
This little hiccup is nothing compared to what we had years ago. And we survived that just fine. Scentsy has gone above & beyond as they always do.

LVSpaGirl
12-04-2014, 10:34 PM
I'm actually a returning consultant from years ago. No superstar or director here :p. IMO Scentsy has done a great job keeping us informed of all back orders and also about the labor dispute situation. With this information I've been able to inform my customer so they know what is going on. Just today I had a lady at work order three warmers from the Holly Jolly sale. I explained that they may be gone by the time I get home and place the order. They were. I called her when I got home and explained and she understood. She will be looking again tomorrow. Did I lose a sale? Yes. But I kept my customer informed and I didn't lose a customer. Remember customers respond to your view of the company. They can see and feel your frustration. I'm not saying you shouldn't be frustrated but it does effect your business. Stay positive and I hope you get your orders in soon and are able to deliver them before Christmas.

LAscents
12-05-2014, 06:36 AM
"Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude." - Zig Ziglar

Have a super weekend one and all!

Bling1
12-05-2014, 09:35 PM
My customers are very disappointed in the sale. They don't want bundles, they want to be able to order individual products of their choosing. Scentsy is going downhill and I'll be jumping ship soon. I typically sell a few thousand dollars worth of product in November every year since I joined. Know how much I sold this November? $0. When I can't guarantee that products will be in the customer's hands by Christmas, they choose to just go to a brick and mortar store and get their gifts there instead. Not happy with this company at all.

Sorry, that you are having a hard time, but I just returned to Scenty last month, and I had a good month in November and I am having a great December. I am glad that they are offering the specials. I am keeping my customers informed daily with the daily specials, and they are placing orders everyday. They are loving the bundles because they can break them up and and have several gifts. A lot of companies are having cyber sales, and the early bird gets the worm. If you don't order when the sale starts, chances are they will be sold out of your color, or the most popular items. This is just the way retail works when they have sales, especially around the holidays.

I will say, that this business works when you work it. This is true of most direct sale businesses. Sales just don't happen to fall in your lap. You have to engage with your customers on a regular basis and show them what's in it for them. Share, not sale. Work on your business every day even if it only for 30 minutes or an hour. Consistency is the key. Don't give up. Make a list, and call your customers tomorrow. Text or email them if this is their preferred contact method. You still have 2 weeks. Hope this helps.

bucksmom
12-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Lol... I love being told that I'm not getting sales because I'm not working my business. Maybe you guys are all fine with lying to your customers but I am not. I will be up front with my customers and tell them that there is a chance that their items might not arrive in time for Christmas. They are not ok with that. I am done at the end of this month.

LVSpaGirl
12-06-2014, 11:16 AM
I would never lie to a customer, nor would I EVER tell someone to lie to a customer. And maybe I missed something here because I recently re-joined, but I never read or heard anything where Scentsy asked us to lie to customers. I know that since I joined they have been up front with back orders. Keeping us updated in our resources tab. They have even said that on certain warmers, if they are not received by a certain time limit they will be sending out FREE warmers in addition to the warmer they ordered. Who does that?

I'm sorry to see you go and I wish you the best in what you do. I for one am staying put and working my Scentsy business.

LVSpaGirl
12-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Oh and BTW...

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs046.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) Back Brenda!!!!

imamomagain
12-06-2014, 12:20 PM
I never lie to my customers. All my customers from November received their products. Customers from THIS month have received their products. I have one customer who ordered Brushstrokes for herself. She received a free Christmas Tree warmer and was THRILLED and surprised that Scentsy would send her a free warmer. Who doesn't love free?
Good to see you back Brenda! 😃

Bling1
12-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Oh and BTW...

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs046.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) Back Brenda!!!!

Thanks LVSpaGirl and Lisa. Glad to be back!

mariglynn
12-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Welcome back Brenda! :D

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1