WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Dugsmom
10-07-2014, 12:41 PM
It took 16 years to get pregnant...that was surprise #1. We weren't expecting this one. Because of my age, I had a genetic test done (they drew blood). I got the call with the results about a week later and was told it was a girl. Fast forward to today (one month later) and we were told that the paperwork for the genetic test shows that it's a BOY! My ultrasound (with Different doctor..high risk since I am "old"...37 yrs old) shows it's a boy.
I hate this feeling but my husband and I were so disappointed when we found out. Before I knew the gender, I was neutral and was happy with either a boy or girl...but I got attached to the idea of a girl. We lived for a whole month thinking it was a girl...and we were calling him by her name. :(
Has something like this happened to anybody else?

mariglynn
10-07-2014, 11:48 PM
It took 16 years to get pregnant...that was surprise #1. We weren't expecting this one. Because of my age, I had a genetic test done (they drew blood). I got the call with the results about a week later and was told it was a girl. Fast forward to today (one month later) and we were told that the paperwork for the genetic test shows that it's a BOY! My ultrasound (with Different doctor..high risk since I am "old"...37 yrs old) shows it's a boy.
I hate this feeling but my husband and I were so disappointed when we found out. Before I knew the gender, I was neutral and was happy with either a boy or girl...but I got attached to the idea of a girl. We lived for a whole month thinking it was a girl...and we were calling him by her name. :(
Has something like this happened to anybody else?

Congratulations! Prayers for a safe, uncomplicated pregnancy. You'll get attached to the idea of a boy in no time!

When I was pregnant with my first son, I was told it was highly suspected I was having twins! Went 3 weeks thinking that. Then found out it was only 1 baby. We even picked out 4 names and matched them to boy/girl.. Was kinda of a let down.

Dugsmom
11-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Thank You for your response! THAT (feeling let down) was how we felt but it passed after about 3 days. Now we are excited about a little boy...I guess I just bummed about it all and upset that we went for a month thinking it was a girl. But I talked to some people who experienced the same thing and our family doctor told me that he and his wife were told that they were having a girl. They painted the room pink, pink clothes,etc. They found out it was a boy when he came out and ended up going home in girl clothing.

MrsTeresa
11-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Congratulations on your pregnancy. It took us 10 years! I'm in my 40's and pregnant with my first. It was twins but we lost one early on. :( It's been a difficult journey to get to this point. We had our first Perinatologist appointment yesterday with great NT Scan results. I'm so happy for you. :D Good luck. Thoughts and prayers to you for a safe, healthy pregnancy, and healthy happy baby. Congrats. ;)

Teresa :)