WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

athomewithamber
09-11-2014, 08:03 PM
I just joined Chelsea Row. I have been looking for a new company so I would have the opportunity to get in at the ground floor. I have to say I am so glad that I did. I received my kit and absolutely love all of the jewelry. All of the pieces are just beautiful! They are very generous with their hostess rewards and offering a free gift to anyone that attends a online party. The part I love most is they are the first to do Online Virtual Parties ( vParty ) . Plus Consultants earn 25% to 35% commission plus the opportunity to earn a commission on your downline 4 tiers deep. Plus bonuses too.

athomewithamber
09-13-2014, 05:43 PM
I was like a kid in a candy store tonight. I am preparing for my grand opening party on Monday and worked tonight setting up a display for my online party ( vParty ).

Do you get excited when you set up your displays?

liz.jewels
09-15-2014, 03:44 AM
What is an online virtual party?

I've done online parties through a web link, Facebook interaction, and skype. Just wondering how what you are doing differs from those.

Have fun with your new biz!

athomewithamber
09-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Hi Liz, A vParty is an actual online virtual party. All guests and host will see each other and be able to interact with one another. It is as if you are all in the same room together but doing it virtually. I did my first the other night and it was so much fun. My guests really enjoyed it.

NorthernClover
09-19-2014, 06:48 PM
I am curious how the vParty goes about closing the sales, do you take orders during the party? Or do the guests contact the consultant after? Sounds very innovative.

Jane Kwa

jandamom
09-19-2014, 08:04 PM
The vParty sounds exciting! Is the platform via your company website or via a source like FB, Skype or Twitter?

athomewithamber
09-20-2014, 08:08 PM
They can actually make orders directly through my website during the party. We give an option towards the end. Plus if they are unable to attend the actual party they can shop directly from the invite link 7 days before the party date and up to 7 days after the party date too.

athomewithamber
09-20-2014, 08:10 PM
This is a platform that my company created and is patent pending. It is done directly through our company website and allows us to interact with our guests and they can interact with each other. I have 3 more parties this week and one of them is mine :) I am just loving it!!!

funmomma
09-21-2014, 07:41 AM
Very cool. It sounds exactly like the virtual parties that MVP launch tested with SimplyFun about a year and a half ago. SimplyFun won the overall Technology Innovation category award at the DSA convention this summer. The virtual parties really are neat where you can see and hear everyone just like they're in the same room, open different parts of the party as you get there, all watch a video together & shop from right there. While you said yours was done by your company, so I would assume it's done by your technology people instead of what MVP developed it's very neat to see more DS companies continuing to develop more "social" technologies to help us all have another option to offer our customers in our time crunched society. Enjoy your v-parties!! :)
Amanda

udesignit
09-21-2014, 09:16 AM
I attended a webinar recently on Virtual Parties. The issue with FB is that there is no interaction with the guests and hostess, which does not really make it a party. FB is good for invitations, but not the actual event. As more people are spending time online, it makes sense to offer an effective way to engage online when "live" events may not work.

Please keep us posted on your success and progress.

All the Best.

athomewithamber
09-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Yes, our company has worked very hard developing all the software needed. They are currently working on making it available to phone and tablet users too. We felt a need for it, as many people no longer own computers.
I had a party last week and it was a HUGE hit. I have 3 more planned for tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday evening. My guests have really enjoyed themselves and so have I! I have been choosen to test out the software when it available on phones and tablets. I am so honored to have gotten in on the ground floor with this amazing company.

funmomma
09-22-2014, 12:42 PM
That's great! :)

liz.jewels
09-23-2014, 02:51 AM
I attended a webinar recently on Virtual Parties. The issue with FB is that there is no interaction with the guests and hostess, which does not really make it a party. FB is good for invitations, but not the actual event. As more people are spending time online, it makes sense to offer an effective way to engage online when "live" events may not work.

Please keep us posted on your success and progress.

All the Best.

I have to disagree on the facebook party. I've been to two in the past month for Norwex and both had a lot of interaction between guests! It depends on the party and how engaged everyone is. I've had ones where I can barely keep up with all the comments and others where I'm like "where is everyone?" Lol!

The people who do online seminars for direct sales need to make money too - they are always going to be coming up with something you MUST do differently. But I know people still stuck in the Stone Age that are HUGELY successful. So take those webinars with a grain of salt!

Anyway, the virtual party sounds neat, but I still don't get how it works. Is it like an online meeting where you share your screen and there's a chat bar streaming on the left hand side?

athomewithamber
09-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Liz, we all meet through a direct link that is shared with all of the guests. When we all log in we have an option to take our picture or they can use a general pic with their initials. All of those are placed at the bottom of the screen. At the top of the screen is a slide show that is set up along with 2 interactive games that we play during the party. There is also a portion of the party that allows me to make me bigger so that I can actually show them the jewelry that I have with my kit. We are all able to interact with one another and see each other throughout the entire party. Hope this makes better sense.

liz.jewels
09-29-2014, 11:46 AM
Thanks, that helps! It sounds like it's a lot like a virtual meeting combined with a streaming video from the host. Great format!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1