WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Utah

lani7
08-21-2014, 08:13 PM
I know I've mentioned this before but it just seems like every
company that seems to be springing up or have been around
For awhile is headquartered in Utah.

I know many but not all are Mormons there.

I just wonder for those who are Christians do they have any
Problem with the founders being Mormon.
I guess it shouldn't matter since when you are recruiting and such
You wouldn't show any partiality.

I'm still wondering about this.

dcz
08-22-2014, 03:20 PM
Firstly, I'm not Mormon, but I find the question interesting. Mormons ARE Christians, in that they believe Jesus to be the son of God. They also happen to believe that God continues to speak through Prophets.

Now, as for whether we should base our businesses on our beliefs, I believe that there are two components to this. I believe that we should treat all customers fairly and without discrimination. And if we have employees, they too should be chosen for their abilities, and we should not discriminate.

However, who we choose as business partners, vendors and suppliers can (and should in my opinion) be based on out own beliefs and conscious. I choose my business partners. Personally, I don't use religion as a guideline for whom I will have as a business partner, but I have many other reasons for choosing to not approach individuals with a business opportunity, or even retreat from someone whom I know I will not want to work with as a "partner".

Our business partners fall under entirely different guidelines than would customers or employees.

My two cents.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1