WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

suse
08-21-2014, 07:26 PM
Did you listen to the Thursday call this week (8/21)? What change(s) surprised you the most? Which one(s) get you most excited?

I love that they are simplifying the business process.for consultants, and making it less confusing, especially for new consultants joining the business. It's a great time for new people to join Watkins - it's easier to understand how to earn income with the company, either direct sales (events,parties, one-on-one sales) or team building!

I'm going to have to review the compensation plan since it is different than what I'm used to. I like that they better rewarding the consultants that keep working the business.

If you are a consultant and missed the call, logon to the Timeless Integrity training website and listen to the recording and read the updates.

Krina
08-22-2014, 10:17 AM
I did listen to the call last night and was surprised at the free shipping over $100. I like that idea. Then the Canadian points will be going up which I really like too. It will make it much easier for us to reach new levels.
I am waiting for them to post on the training site so I can refer back. We heard so much about what is going out and what is coming in that it was hard to digest it all. I took notes but things happen so quickly its hard to get it all down on paper.
I think they are doing a great job though and I think it will work out a lot better for everyone.

teresaallen
09-01-2014, 01:04 PM
I think the free shipping over $100 is great news. I was most surprised by the hostess benefits being discontinued. I know quite a few watkin's consultants have tasting events this time of year. Also, I am surprised at the change in retail bonuses. Also no retail commission at all if you sale less than $100 surprised me. The bonuses starting at 5% when you sell $100 as well as the rest of the retail bonuses seemed a little low to me. The $11 plus for shipping for products less than $100 seems to high. I'm not sure if this will be the same shipping costs for customers who purchase from websites. Do most of you think it will be harder to recruit and get customers with these changes?

Krina
09-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Hi Teresa
I really like the idea of free shipping as well. I think a lot of people will like that one. I wasn't into the party plan so the hostess benefits doesn't affect me. I guess those who do parties won't be happy with it but they have to take as well as give in the business I suppose.
I think its going to be better waiting until we have a $100 order to put in. We will get the 5% bonus but free shipping so it kind of evens out I think. Then if we put another order in before month's end we get extra bonus which is nice.
As for the shipping for less than $100 I think its only about a $2 or $3 difference really. So to me it doesn't matter. I would rather have the larger order to put in and save on shipping. I don't think it will make much effect on getting new customers or sign ups really. I have 3 I have to get back to as they are interested in the business and they know about the changes, so it isn't changing much for me. I guess everyone will have their own opinion on this but I like the changes they have made. I guess in time we will know for sure if its better for us or not.

teresaallen
09-01-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm sure you're right. It will be fine as long as people plan their orders each month in order to get the free shipping and discount. Watkins has great products. I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the fall products. So hard to believe the fall/holiday season is already here. Good luck with all you fall/ holiday selling!

Krina
09-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Yes for sure we have to start planning our orders. I know I will be making sure i have enough for the free shipping. Yes the products are great. I remember the Watkins man coming to our house and putting his case on the table and I looked at all the things he had in there. I remember the smells too. So when my friend asked me to join years later, it took me a long time but after 14 years I am still here and loving it. I love all the new products Watkins has now and yes can't wait for the fall products to come out in time for the holidays. Its always a busy time. It has come around so quick I find. Good luck to you as well and thanks.

1868Naturals
09-03-2014, 03:53 AM
I have to be honest. I am not happy with the changes. I liked getting 30% off with the free shipping on the advantage program. That program is gone. The 25% discount which is pretty standard in direct sales is gone. Yes the shipping is free, but you still made more with the 25% off and paying for the shipping. I know they said we can make many orders during the month and that will increase our percentage, but they will send us the difference. I liked having the money up front, now If I make many orders at different times, I have to wait for Watkins to pay me. I can see rewarding large sales, but at the expense of small sales? That just doesn't make sense to me. I think many consultants enjoyed the 25% off and used that as leverage to get others join. You can;'t really encourage someone to join for just personal use anymore, and personal use and sponsoring for personal use is a very big way people get others in this business. How many times have you heard some one say, I'm not good at selling or I don't want to sell. Well now it is sell and sell a lot or just get 5% off.
With all that said, I love Watkins products and are willing to pay the full retail to have them, I just think there is less incentive for people to sign up as too many other companies offer a good discount for small orders. Watkins should have lowered their discount to 20% and added the 5% back after a $500 and added 10% after $1000. As it stands to get a meaningful discount you have to sell a lot and not everyone is into big retailing, but it seems that is what they want now. Free shipping is nice, but they reduced the discount so much you are still paying for it and a little more until $350.00 in sales. Even employee discounts are mostly 10%.

suse
09-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Steve, I totally get your disappointment, and I really appreciate your comments. It has taken me some thinking about these changes to reconcile it all for me. A couple things I've come to the conclusion on...

I had quite a few people over the years who joined, just to get the discount. Some didn't order at all, and some only ordered once in their time as a consultant, and the average was about $50 for the order. Their gross discount was about 5% (25% discount - 19.9% shipping ($9.95/$50). Most have dropped out after their year was up. Although the immediate 25% discount was a selling point for them to join initially, they mostly didn't use it.

The 30% discount and the free shipping on Advantage was very nice! However, I found that about half of the items I wanted weren't on Advantage, so I'd end up placing a regular order in addition to or instead of Advantage. My discount was minimal because of the shipping order, or I ended up ordering way more than I needed just to get the Advantage discount. This always left me feeling cheated.

I am not into heavy retailing to build my business. So the retail discount isn't affecting me too much - yes I'm losing a few % off my personal and local customer orders, but I'm getting free shipping on all my products when I place an order (even if I am only ordering 1x/2-3 months) I also like that I'm not restricted by conforming to the Loyalty program requirements in order to try to capture a potential bonus for the month. I found that program just was cumbersome. I spent more every month "just in case" someone pushed me up to a bonus level I didn't expect.

For me, when I do an event like a craft fair, I'll probably be ordering more than usual in one month to get the higher discount and the free shipping, as well as get possible bonus income when my personal and/or group points grow over 500.

I think the new compensation plan will be targeting the people who are interested in earning income, not just personal use, which is what we're primarily about as Watkins Consultants - Helping people better their lives through a flexible home business where they can get great natural products and earn income too.

knortham
09-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Why would I allow a customer to sign up to be a wholesale customer?
I would be better off if they were a retail customer.

I think Watkins needs to change the Retail bonus structure to include your personal enrolled customers/business partner. That way I can enroll them as a customer, still earn customer retail on their volume, and they can still build a business. At least until they past a milestone where they are more into the business building side.

Otherwise, just sign them up as retail customers. Even then....we all know that 80% of your personally enrollee's usually don't build a business or they have only around 3-5 customers. So I like the idea of your personal enrollee's count as a customer until possibly manager level or some other milestone.

You could make it work in a stair step fashion, the higher your percentage your bonus is on your enrollee the lower your retail percentage on that customer until you cross a breaking point. This way you are still encouraged to enroll people as wholesale customers and get the retail bonus until a point. And this allows for the fact that most who do enroll to build a business, really don't.

Your thoughts? Positive or negative. You will not hurt my feelings.

suse
10-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Knortham, I like that you're thinking for ways to improve the business for everyone! I don't know if I'm directly responding to your post, I'm not completely following the step idea, I think I have to re-read it again :o

To me it appears Watkins is targeting people to sign up as a business builder (direct sales or team) rather than a wholesale customer. In a nutshell, Watkins is a business looking to earn profit and get more products out into people's homes. I would guess that if they find they are losing on either or both of these points, they have to evaluate what they are currently doing. I don't know all the reasons behind their new structure. We'll all see how it goes as time goes on, and what, if any tweaks come out of it after being in place for awhile.

One alternative for someone to be a wholesale customer would be to place orders every couple months when they have >$100 order for free shipping and some sort of discount. This would get them a discount on retail, save on shipping and still have access to the whole catalog. I know that when I have low sales in a month, this is the method I'll be following for myself.

1868Naturals
10-06-2014, 11:55 PM
I think Watkins has changed directions. I was one of those people who purchased a hundred or so dollars in product a month for myself. It was my hope to advance by teaching other to do the same(made silver doing that). There are many people out there that do want to build a business through retailing a lot of products, but there is also a bunch of people out there who build their business through buying for themselves and saving money on a great product and teaching others to do the same. That option is gone now. The big concept for me in network marketing is leverage. It is easier to have 100 people buying $100.00 in product a month, which moves $10,000 a month in product than it is to have 10 people sell $1000.00 a month. Not saying those ten people aren't out there, they are just harder to find. It's all good. Watkins has a fantastic product line up. I am a loyal customer and I have some loyal customers as well. I just need to simply change my focus on building that customer base over time and if a down line develops it develops. Watkins does make that easy with no monthly fees or autoships.

brandenc
10-20-2014, 02:10 PM
I didn't even know about the changes. I do not like them at all. Yes free shipping is a plus, But I enjoyed my 25% discount. No I didn't always order, but when you have only a few customers buying items they can't buy at walmart or cracker barrel this is what hurt my sales.

Had I known about all the changes I would have not renewed my membership for 5 years when it was 19.99.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1