WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Thinking Outside of the Box

MrsCrissyHall
05-30-2014, 11:49 AM
There seems to be a few other representatives in my area. I stopped at a few places on the way home and most of them said they already had a rep! So, I'm going to start thinking out side of the box. Obviously I'm hitting up places that already have a rep, because I'm thinking like a normal rep. So.. My plan is to think outside of the box. Places that other people wouldn't think to leave a book, but still has the potential for sales. My list so far is....

Insurance companies
Reality companies
Hair salons
Auto Mechanics waiting rooms
Utility offices
Banks
Photographers
Doctors Offices
Dance studios
Gyms?

And of course come out of my shell and just talk to people.

Is there some place you would add to this list?

SAHMof2
06-05-2014, 08:47 PM
That is a great start. How have you done over the past few days?

Remember follow up is the key to success. Make sure you continue to stop by the day before orders go off and leave new brochures and see if they need anything. Do this at least for 6 campaigns and then review your results to see how you need to adjust.

Also Anytime, Anywhere, Always Ask!!!

MrsCrissyHall
06-07-2014, 06:46 PM
I dropped off a few more today, and plan to drop off some tomorrow. I haven't done well in this campaign at all. Not one sale. =( But I'm not loosing hope! I am just going to try harder next campaign. =)

That is a great start. How have you done over the past few days?

Remember follow up is the key to success. Make sure you continue to stop by the day before orders go off and leave new brochures and see if they need anything. Do this at least for 6 campaigns and then review your results to see how you need to adjust.

Also Anytime, Anywhere, Always Ask!!!

SAHMof2
06-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Don't lose hope. When I first started I couldn't get customers at all then I decided to move and try selling to the next town over and got customers. Now I sell to the two largest cities in my district. It is a 20-40 minute drive one way for me but if you treat it as a business you will get way better results. That means planning each campaign, writing down your goals for that campaign along with a road map of what you are going to do to make your goal a reality.

MrsCrissyHall
06-09-2014, 06:17 AM
That sounds like a terrific plan! There are a lot of little pocket towns around here that I can stop in on the way, too. Thanks for the idea!

SAHMof2
06-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Your Welcome! Let us know how it goes.

Jannie
06-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Have mentioned this before, but it's something that has worked for me quite a bit. Calling folks in low income elderly housing areas. Many have lost their reps and want books and to purchase products.

Doing a search online was what helped me find some great interest in Avon.

HTH

LCarter55
08-19-2014, 05:46 AM
Don't forget about fast food places like McDonald's. My Mom and I had a good business through the employees who bought from us at one place we frequented on a daily basis. They saw us looking through the brochures and it went from there, we almost made Presidents Club that year. It is one outlet to use if you do go to any of them.
I live in a small town where Avon and MK reps are plentiful, so like you I am having to try to think outside the box here as well. Along with some of the town rules, it has been tough starting here. But, we can do it.

MzTye
08-20-2014, 01:04 PM
I live in New York, and leave brochures behind in cabs, buses, trains, grocery stores basically everywhere lol. Consistency is always the key! You never know when the right person will come across your Avon Brochure. I wish you a very successful business!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1