WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : New to Younique, any advice?

KayDub
05-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Hey ladies! I just joined Younique this past Saturday, and started hosting my own online facebook party Sunday night. So far, I've only sold 1 item. I'm also getting a lot of "That's just not my thing" when I reach out to people about hosting parties or joining my team. :( I'm starting to get discouraged. Any tips or tricks that you're willing to share? I really want to be successful at this!

Thanks in advance!

jensdivineutopia
05-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Sorry I'm a newb...what is Younique?

nv93446
05-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Congrats on your new business! I know quite a few people on FB that are actively doing FB parties but probably like a regular party, eventually it will get flooded. I would add as many forms of marketing to grow your business, online and offline. Summer is a great time to do outside vendor events locally.

NYoung
05-27-2014, 03:46 PM
Do you have a supportive upline who can jump in and help you run your parties? Honestly, it just takes practice to see what works and what doesn't! Tweak and perfect your technique :) Online parties can be a lot of fun and greatly successful! I have gotten several recruits who have enjoyed my online parties and wanted to be able to done it themselves!

KayDub
05-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Yes, my upline has posted a few things in my party. She added me to a closed party so I could read through all the posts and see what she did. I feel like I'm doing a lot, but people just aren't buying.

I made a LinkedIn profile, joined Yelp... and I messaged every female on my friends list asking them to like my facebook page, host a party, and possibly join my team. Most people didn't respond.

I think I just have too much riding on this. If it doesn't work out, I'm probably going to have to go back to work and leave my 5 month old with someone. So I'm panicking. :(

jensdivineutopia - I'm going to PM you!

SaBo
05-28-2014, 12:04 PM
I've started adding videos of myself using the products to my parties. Also I am doing intro videos to tell people what to expect during the party & a little about Younique. It's been working REALLY well so far. I went from having no one show up to my parties to having 25 RSVP & purchase! Also, I have switched my parties from Events to Groups. More people see what is going on in an Open Group than they do an event. Most people don't even know they have been invited to an event until after it's over! Hope this helps!

KayDub
05-28-2014, 12:42 PM
That is actually a really good idea. I've never made a video before, but I'm sure I could figure it out. :)

I've been making my parties as groups... I've been making them closed though, should they be open?

Another frustration of mine is that the host has to add the people. I have a girl hosting right now who has over 1400 facebook friends, most of them female... and she added 65 people to the group. Ugh.

NYoung
05-28-2014, 04:57 PM
I do LIVE events and those work really well. I have everyone check in at the tart of the party and do a draw for a prize out of everyone who checks in.

KayDub
05-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Hm. Ive never heard of live events. I'll have to look into that!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1