WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

lewgard
05-06-2014, 03:39 PM
My sister, a public school teacher in St. Pete., Florida, is seriously considering doing some online tutoring over her summer break. She has looked (briefly) into K12 and tutor.com. Would any of you teachers / tutors mind sharing some of your favorite organizations that provide online tutoring/teaching ? Why you like the particular company, how is the pay, how is the schedule... I want to help my sister make an informed decision.

Thanks

ushi
05-09-2014, 03:19 PM
If she is interested in online opportunities throughout the year then RevolutionPrep is a good company to go with. The pay is decent. The hiring process is challenging, but I think, overall, you can make more with them.

(I've worked with them for 4 years and just recently moved on to other things)

RevolutionPrep.com, and then look at job oportunities

nicam123
07-02-2014, 01:37 AM
lewgard, I have been teaching with TutorABC now for about 6 months. I really like it! The pay is good for online tutoring, averaging about $10/hour with my bonuses. The thing that is the best, is that the schedule is really flexible. If you have any other questions, let me know.

thewritejob
07-02-2014, 05:58 AM
Am I alone thinking $10 an hour is rather low for a tutor??

timjackson86
08-24-2014, 09:29 AM
You can refer her for http://www.acadsoc.com for best online tutoring, where expert tutors are always up to help students to resolve there issues or problems.

Best of Luck!

-Tim

TeacherOn
09-03-2014, 01:44 AM
Here's a very good resource on online tutoring:
tutorindia.net/how-to-do-online-tutoring-teachers-guide.php
In this you will find how to tutor online individually. It also lists many websites which you can join for online tutoring.

You may want to add a couple more such as instaedu.com, tutorhunt.com which I didn't found in the list.