WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Newbie and question about PS

Lainie40
04-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have been doing readings for about 25 years. I have worked on a few other lines but mostly out of shops and at shows. I have applied recently to Psychic Source and have done one test reading. I have read posts from a few years ago about PS and it sounds like a good company. I have a good feeling about it. I was wondering if anyone works there currently? How is the pay? Are you happy? Is there a good client flow? My guides are telling me it is a good company, but that I may have a rocky start... Just wanting some confirmation on this.

Thanks!

Lainie

Karen Jo Knowingangel
04-30-2014, 08:40 AM
Hi Lainie,

It's been awhile since I have worked there, but I can tell you that of the places I contracted I really loved Psychic Source. I loved the staff, I loved the clients and the fact that they don't require you to schedule a lot of hours, but rather *encourage* you to log in by giving you incentives, I liked as well. It made it easier to fit if you are working for more than one site.

I never had any trouble with client flow, or receiving pay. I really can't quote the pay (and I think they would frown on that on a public board) The bonuses that were attached to the hours you logged in did help.

Another place I would look into would be Lifereader. I did work there for a short time, but the 30 hours a week on top of what I'm already doing elsewhere, was a bit much for me in my current circumstances. (It would have been different had I been able to log in and work my other sites at the same time, too, but that didn't seem possible for me. I'm not sure how other readers do it-maybe if I had put my price higher on lifereader?) I hated to step away from there, they are a good company, too.) But if you can do that, I wouldn't pass them by. Nice people.

Welcome to the board! :)

home
05-29-2014, 10:47 AM
Psychic Source is questionable. They are supposedly a busy line, but I have heard (upon good authority) they control the computerized calls and send many of them to certain psychics in long standing with the organization. They showcase their favorite psychics, always showing a 5 star rating, but if you take a closer look at their showcased psychics, (by going to their personal profile) their ratings are usually much lower. I worked there for over a year and at first did great, four and five star ratings and getting more calls than I could handle. Then, after a couple of months, my calls plunged to practically zero while my ratings still remained high. I even had clients tell me they had tried my extension but were forwarded to someone else. It seems ludicrous to me that the owners would allow some psychics to receive more calls than others or that they would divert calls originally intended for certain psychics, but it appears this is the case.
Unfortunately, it seems that PS has a core group of psychics they cater to and if you are fortunate enough to be in that specific group you will do fairly well at 34 cents per. minute and eventually receive recruiter status.

Betsy
05-30-2014, 08:20 AM
34 cents a minute, yikes!

DJ716
06-04-2014, 11:58 PM
34 cents a minute, yikes!

I am not very experienced with the on line venue, is this compensation below par?

WardenofMagick
06-12-2014, 11:37 AM
I am not very experienced with the on line venue, is this compensation below par?

.34/minute is very low. A 10 minute call means you make 3.40. Most of my calls/chats are under 10 minutes. I am not with Psychic Source but I couldn't not earn a living with .34/minute. :(

Lainie40
06-24-2014, 05:40 AM
Thank you all for your replies! I have not been on in a while. I appreciate the advice!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1