WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What percentage of women?

accents4you2
03-26-2014, 05:46 PM
Just curious: What percentage of women do you think consider themselves as "crafty"? Take into consideration your circle of friends, etc...Do you think more do than don't?

WriteWriteWrite
03-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Definitely it's more women than guys in my circles of friends and acquaintances who say they like crafts. But almost all are like me--just talk about it. I don't think I know more than two who are actually active in a craft, and that includes sewing.

Ok, read your post wrong. Thought we were comparing men with women. Not sure how I did that. So...

I'd say over half of us, me and the other women I know, make noises about liking crafts. But like I said above, a teeny, tiny percentage follow through.

accents4you2
03-28-2014, 11:36 AM
[/QUOTE] Ok, read your post wrong. Thought we were comparing men with women. Not sure how I did that. So...

I'd say over half of us, me and the other women I know, make noises about liking crafts. But like I said above, a teeny, tiny percentage follow through.[/QUOTE]

Hi WriteX3,

Thanks for responding...I had to reread my post too because after reading your answer I thought maybe I worded it wrong .LOL. If most men are like my hubs...they hear the word crafts and start to run in the opposite direction.. at the least their eyes glaze over. (Not to suggest their aren't very talented men crafters)

So your circle is around 50%..I wonder if there is a national poll regarding this..I'll have to look it up.

Just want to encourage you and your friends to jump in and try something. It is so much fun.. Maybe start a once a month get together and switch houses so it's not too much on one person. I recently got a piece of china evaluated from one of my husband's long ago relatives from England. I was told it was a hand painted piece most likely made in a crafting group..I thought that was so interesting.

All the best! I'd love to hear if you all start something.

My latest motto: Keep Calm and Craft On! :)

Angela in Oz
03-28-2014, 11:43 AM
I think most of us are pretty crafty, finding the time to do it is the problem. I used to love to make things myself, but find that I don't have the time to do the things that I used to

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1