WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Amazon Mechanical Turk

AnnBridges222
03-26-2014, 07:57 AM
I currently do Crowdsourcing for ABH and right now the work is a bit slow, I usually don't do any of the Adult content, which seems to be the only things available. I decided to try the Amazon hits, but so far I am not that impressed. Have any of you had experience working with them? If so, can you suggest any of the Hits that are less time consuming, I don't even mind the smaller money amount? Also, I notice it says my answer is up for review, does that mean if it's not accepted I don't get paid?

danasurvey
03-26-2014, 02:00 PM
I've made some money with mturk, but it was not a big money maker for me. It is still a nice "egg" to have in your basket though, if you have many sources of income.

WriteWriteWrite
03-26-2014, 02:02 PM
There are some Mturk-ers over at Workplacelikehome.com. They might be smable to answer your questions.

AnnBridges222
03-28-2014, 12:47 PM
I have to say, so far I'm not too impressed. A lot of work and very little money. And then some are rejected.

Sanfly
03-29-2014, 02:06 PM
I do Mtruk hits sometimes. When you are new there you can only do a few Hits a day. I believe you have to wait 10 days before more jobs open up for you. If you go to the site again, try working on 411 Richmond hits. Those only involve typing items and amounts from receipts. Also P9r those hits will increase your count. Read the instructions carefully before you do a hit, getting a Reject on a hit is not good. I am not sure why they are reviewing your work. I don't recall getting a message like that from them.

AnnBridges222
03-31-2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the tips! I was doing the Business card typing, just seemed to take forever and only make a little money, I actually got a bonus, for a penny.

dcombs
04-11-2014, 05:05 AM
This is one of my 'eggs'. I do this occasionally when my other work is slow. I have found that the pay to be on the low side, however, it's better than nothing when that's the other option. I don't know why your work was rejected. I have only had 2 rejected in the two years I have been doing them. The secret is you really have to read the directions carefully and make sure you understand them. If you don't get it, don't even attempt the hits. Too many rejections and you won't be able to get work on there. Besides that, the higher your quality score, the more jobs that are available to you.

It's worth doing in your down time to fill in when you need the extra income. Don't expect to get rich with it though.:)

Not_A_Mom
04-11-2014, 05:56 AM
There's money to be made, you just have to look around. Not a lot of money, but enough to make it worth your while. I have a few things saved in my Amazon "Wish List" that I don't need, just want. So I bank all my earnings to an Amazon gift card just for that purpose.

Here's a screenshot of what I did the other day:

Amazon Mechanical Turk - Status Detail | Awesome Screenshot (http://awesomescreenshot.com/0be2n1r756)

The ones highlighted in red are repetitive and easy, you can do about 4 or 5 of them in less than 20 minutes.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1