WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Selling Scentsy without Parties

Rose B
03-15-2014, 03:01 PM
Hi ladies, I'm new to the site and also new to Scentsy. I love the stuff!

I did an open house yesterday with a couple of hundred dollars in sales and then probably the worst party ever last evening - nobody was interested, just kept chatting amongst themselves and then one even left when I wasn't looking without even saying goodbye, left her catalogue etc. I thought that was a bit rude. There was an order or two and possibly a recruit but it was really not enjoyable.

I work long hours at times, and I have a young family. That's not how I want to spend my rare days off.

Does anyone manage to make a decent income from Scentsy without doing any parties at all? I can slowly build up my stock levels and maybe do markets from time to time, or I can do basket parties (do you get the basket contents back okay?), or I can promote my website and get sales and maybe recruits that way but I don't know if it's enough to make it worth while. I'm going to scroll back through the forum threads to see what's there, but not sure if anyone is working Scentsy without any parties at all.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome. Thank you. :)

Rose

MomWithScents
03-17-2014, 05:30 AM
Hi, welcome to Scentsy and the site! :)

I'm sorry your (besides your open house) party didn't go as you had hoped. Was it set up as more of an open house or a structured party where you talk for a certain amount of time and then left the party to smell and talk amongst themselves? I have found that an open house style does not work as well. Was the hostess enthusiastic about the party? Did you have time to do some hostess coaching before the party?

I wouldn't let that one experience deter you from trying a home party again! I do enjoy basket parties, and have yet to have trouble getting my items back. That said, it was either friends, or friend of a friend, so I was not nervous about handing my mini testers off. I believe in the Scentsy Family Store (or it could be under resources, I can't remember right off) there is a form that says "Don't be a basket party bandit" and it's a place that you can list everything you have given to someone for a basket party, so they are able to make sure they get everything back to you. I would also suggest a return pick up date/time, when you first send the party off.

I have also done some Facebook online parties that have been fairly successful. I do craft fairs now and again, and find the ones in the fall to be more profitable than the ones in the spring. It's a great way to make new contacts! :)

Rose B
03-17-2014, 07:02 AM
Thanks so much for the reply. The open house was just that, a few hours where people could pop in and have a cuppa and browse. The hostess went to a lot of trouble with nice snacks and drinks, and she had invited quite a lot of people.

The party didn't have a very enthusiastic hostess, and her guests really didn't look like they wanted to be there. Coaching is something I have to focus on more, but I'm not sure how this one could have been redeemed.

That's ok, onwards and upwards. Thanks again :-)

MomWithScents
03-17-2014, 07:13 AM
Glad to help! :) I would definitely recommend coaching your hostess. If she is not excited, then her guests aren't going to be either.

Just don't give up! If you love Scentsy, it's products, what the company stands for, your enthusiasm and positive attitude will shine through to your customers and others that you meet,and you will be successful.

MomWithScents
03-17-2014, 12:11 PM
I also wanted to add, if you are on Facebook, there are a ton of groups out there for consultants. Everyone is always eager to help. My link is in my signature, you can always send me a message there and I would be more than happy to point you in that direction. :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1